June 9, 2004 – Intersil introduced a new family of rail-to-rail input/output op amps that provide a wide operating voltage range and high bandwidth and slew rate while delivering a high drive current. The EL5x11 family has been tailored to specifically address the speed and drive needs of thin-film transistor (TFT) liquid-crystal displays (LCDs).
Intersil's new EL5111 (single amp), EL5211 (dual amp), EL5411 (quad amp) and EL5611 (6X) offer a wide 65 MHz of bandwidth at “3 dB and an exceptional 90 V/s slew rate along with a common mode input ability beyond the supply rails and rail-to-rail output capability that enable maximum dynamic range at any supply voltage. The high 180-mA output short-circuit drive current capability helps ensure sharp pictures and stable brightness. As a V(COM) amplifier in TFT-LCD displays, these amplifiers provide a stable common reference voltage that establishes the pixel brightness reference.
EL5x11 Family Key Features
- Wide 65 MHz -3dB bandwidth
- Wide 4.5 to 16.5 V supply voltage range
- High 180-mA output short current source and sink output drive (65-mA continuous)
- Fast 90 V/us slew rate
- Fast 140-ns typical settling time
- Low 2.5-mA supply current (per amplifier)
- Unity-gain stable
- Beyond the rails input capability
- Rail-to-rail output swing
- -40 to +85 degree C industrial temperature range
Availability and Pricing
All op amps are available now. The suggested resale pricing for each IC in 10,000-unit quantities is as follows:
To learn more about Intersil's video products, visit the company's web site at www.intersil.com/design/elantec/displayProducts.asp
A datasheet for the EL5x11 family is available here.