Advanced Analogic Technologies Inc. announced the availability of the AAT3698 , a single input 1.6A linear charger to manage the charging, sequencing and protection of Lithium (Li)-Ion and Lithium Polymer-powered portable devices. The device is designed to improve charging times while preventing battery damage in devices ranging from Bluetooth headsets to digital cameras to PDAs and MP3 players.
Key features :
- Input voltage up to 7V
- 5V LDO linear regulator for loads of up to 50mA to an external device
- Overvoltage input protection up to 28V
- Programmable fast charge current from 50mA to 1.6A
- 4-pin 3x3mm TDFN Package
- Handles USB of AC adapter input channels
- Rated over the -40C to +85C temperature range
The AAT3698 regulates battery voltage for Li-Ion/Polymer battery cells through a low RDS(ON) switch after it has reached 4.2V. The charging current can be set by an external resistor up to 1.6A. The device automatically shuts down in a failure situation, such as over-current, battery over-voltage or short circuit.
Pricing and availability :
- Availability : Packaged in lead-free 14-pin 4 mm x 4 mm thin quad flat no-lead (TQFN) package, the AAT3698 is available now. Samples can be ordered from http://www.analogictech.com/contactus/ordersamples.php,
- Pricing : is $0.52/pieces for volume purchases of 1,000 pieces or more.
For more information, please visit: http://www.analogictech.com/products/product_part.php?PID=330
Block diagram of Advanced Analogic Technologies' AAT3698 single input 1.6A linear charger.