REGISTER | LOGIN
Home    Bloggers    Blogs    Article Archives    Messages    About Us   
Tw  |  Fb  |  In  |  Rss
Scott Deuty

“OMG I became THAT Person”: The quirkiness of Engineers

Scott Deuty
UdyRegan
UdyRegan
10/11/2018 6:06:24 AM
User Rank
Newbie
Re: THAT person
We all have our quirks man! Different strokes for different folks after all! We are all born with different levels of expertise in different areas and hey, if knowing the temperature and cooling down your semiconductors and whatever other components you have lying around the house rocks your socks, don't knock it til you tried it. You just might become a convert when you see the results for it!

50%
50%
Effective-Technical-Writing dot com
Effective-Technical-Writing dot com
6/27/2017 10:13:32 AM
User Rank
Blogger
Re: THAT person
It's a club of the curious for sure.  Nowadays meters and cameras are so cheap, one can easily be distracted from real work.....and perhaps stumble across that unaddressed market however I doubt it.

As a patent researcher, I often hear, "I've never seen one".    And then I present a dozen within five minutes.  

50%
50%
Effective-Technical-Writing dot com
Effective-Technical-Writing dot com
6/27/2017 10:11:37 AM
User Rank
Blogger
Re: Nerdy? Who cares??
Sticking pinky in the corner of my mouth, "I'm the boss, need the info."

 

This experiment was very enlightening......especially with the results my son repeated in Arizona on a hot, 120 degree day.  Houston, we have a problem.

50%
50%
David Ashton
David Ashton
5/24/2017 5:15:58 PM
User Rank
Artist
Nerdy? Who cares??
Scott...to 99% of the population you may be nerdy putting thermocouples in your vehicle, but to the other 1% (most of whom hang out here) you're perfectly normal.  And we are the only ones who matter!  I've pretty much always been this way, but more so as I get older: the only opinions that matter are from those you admire and respect.  If one of them castigates you for putting thermocouples in your vehicle, then maybe think about it, but ignore the rest.  Or, as my wife puts it, "Why do you have to get old to say what you want to say?" (Or do what you want to do?)

50%
50%
Victor Lorenzo
Victor Lorenzo
5/24/2017 4:35:36 AM
User Rank
Blogger
THAT person
Welcome to the Club!!!!!!!  LOL

...and enjoy "thermocoupling". ;D

50%
50%
More Blogs from Scott Deuty
Of all the components that go into a circuit, magnetics seem to have the most complexity in terms of several factors including construction, parasitics, linearity, and variations.
Automotive ignitions systems have seen many transitions over the years. Historically, the designs have matured from a magneto to today’s coil-over-spark plug designs. The progression follows the emergence of solid state electronics as well as the phasing out of mechanical components in favor of electrical components.
It’s been a while since I addressed Bode plots as a main subject so I thought this would be a good opportunity for a refresher on a very basic stability tool
Although they are a simple device, diodes do have a number of traits to consider. These traits are often application dependent.
Recently, I found that the area of hysteretic control offered me a change to look in a new area that simplifies control loop design to a degree
flash poll
educational resources
 
follow Planet Analog on Twitter
Planet Analog Twitter Feed
like us on facebook
our partners
Planet Analog
About Us     Contact Us     Help     Register     Twitter     Facebook     RSS