Service Assurance, Automation, Security and Management Keys to Positioning IT at the Center of Business Transformation
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 15, 2011
LAS VEGAS , Nov. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — CA WORLD — In a keynote address at CA World 2011, CA Technologies Executive Vice President Peter Griffiths explained how Business Service Innovation is being catapulted into a new strategic role as a result of the new challenges and opportunities facing the emerging hybrid enterprise.
According to Griffiths, who heads the company's Technology and Development Group, end user expectations driven by mobile applications, converging all-IP digital platforms and e-commerce, have placed tremendous pressure on new and legacy IT infrastructures to deliver reliable, innovative services. This demand requires IT organizations to be agile and adaptive in leveraging both internal resources—and the expanding availability of private and public cloud resources. To effectively orchestrate and leverage these diverse resources, IT must quickly build exceptional capabilities in the areas of service assurance, automation, security and management.
“Users are demanding an increasingly rich, responsive and reliable experience,” said Griffiths. “This raises the bar for Business Service Innovation to deliver outstanding end-user experience by linking transactions and applications with the performance, risk and quality of services across cloud, virtual and physical environments.”
Griffiths noted that the urgency of IT's need for Business Service Innovation is being driven by multiple factors—including an evolving IT landscape where each of these business services are developed as composite applications that change and evolve rapidly.
“IT has to deliver many more services that change much more quickly—and they are turning out to be composite, cloud-spanning applications,” he said. “This evolving hybrid enterprise of the future will include devices, on-premise systems and data, external cloud services, and new applications developed by the enterprise and deployed in the cloud. In this future enterprise, IT organizations need to be equipped with a broad range of solutions that help them deliver IT at the speed of business.”
Griffiths underscored the unique value and solutions CA Technologies offers with respect to Business Service Innovation—as well as the company's unique commitment to fulfilling customers' evolving needs for optimizing the service delivery in a the fast-moving, complex world of the “new normal.” He underscored how cloud computing has evolved into an actionable IT and business strategy for improving the cost structure, service delivery, and business value of IT.
“Only CA Technologies can take customers to the hybrid enterprise around an integrated set of platform services,” he declared. “And only CA Technologies has the solutions that encompass the entire services delivery lifecycle.”
To substantiate this claim, Griffiths pointed to the steps CA Technologies has taken to extend its leadership in Business Service Innovation, including:
- The announcement of the company's Next-Generation Mainframe Management strategy, designed to address the most pressing customer needs to reduce costs, sustain critical skills, and increase IT agility in the hybrid data center and the cloud.
- The acquisition of ITKO, which replicates hybrid environments from the mainframe to the cloud to help customers predict how services will perform under real-world conditions;
- The integration of CA AppLogic into the BSI platform, which allows customers to quickly and easily provision, deploy and manage applications service across private, public and hybrid clouds using an intuitive browser interface;
- The company's partnership with VCE to deliver infrastructure automation for Vblock environments;
- The new cloud solutions, CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service and CA FedMinder as-a-Service, join the company's existing advanced authentication services as part of the new CA CloudMinder™ family of IAM cloud solutions support both cloud-based and on-premise applications; and,
- A growing portfolio of SaaS solutions such as CA Clarity on Demand, CA ecoSoftware and Nimsoft that are delivering project and portfolio management, monitoring and service management as cloud services.
“The SaaS delivery model is a foundational element for the future of the hybrid enterprise,” Griffiths observed. “The management and delivery of SaaS-based solutions is a key for CA Technologies as we join with our customers and partners to enable our collective success—from the mainframe to the cloud.”
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies