D2 Technologies has announced the successful demonstration of the first VoIP solution on Cavium Networks' OCTEON processor family. A demo of the joint solution is available for viewing at Fall VON 2006 in D2's hospitality suite 202, September 11-14 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
D2's software, know as vPort, is designed to provide world-class sound quality without an external DSP. The software targets consumer and small business products, such as wired/wireless voice-enabled terminal adapters, routers and gateways, and VoIP phones and handsets.
The single and dual-core OCTEON CN30XX and CN31XX processors can run GNU/Linux along with software supporting VoIP , router, gateway, NAS, firewall, anti-virus, IPsec and SSL VPN functionality. The processors are available with peripheral drivers for 802.11 a/b/g/n, wireline connectivity, MoCA (Media-over-Coax), and MPEG streaming.
The solution includes D2's VoIP software running on the OCTEON CN31XX. System highlights include:
- Fully integrated VoIP ATA solution with application layer, IETF SIP signaling, voice processing, jitter buffer, RTP packetization and FXS real time telephony driver
- Two FXS voice interfaces
- G.711, G.726 and G.729AB codecs
- Processor consumption of under 40 MHz for a 2-way call
- 3-way calling
- Caller ID Onhook and Caller ID/Call Waiting
- Simultaneous 3-way calls on all voice interfaces
- Packet loss compensation
- Silence compression and comfort noise generation
- DTMF relay with in-band DTMF removal
- Fax/modem tone detection with switch to G.711 for fax passthrough
- Interoperability with other CPE VoIP devices
Additional information about D2 is available at www.d2tech.com.