HOUSTON , July 6 /PRNewswire/ — Simplifying digital power design for all power and embedded systems engineers, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced the expansion of its TMS320C2000™ microcontroller (MCU) digital power portfolio of software, tools and training. The new offering allows developers to jumpstart digital power design based on TI's C2000 Piccolo MCUs, which provide flexibility to adapt to varying power supply models, integration to reduce component count and programmability to ensure efficiency across the full power load range. More than 25 free, modular digital power software blocks have been added to controlSUITE software, dramatically reducing programming challenges. Additionally, TI's new High Voltage PFC Developer's Kit includes all of the hardware and software needed to quickly implement digital power factor correction (PFC) in end products for regulation compliance. Also available is a new in-depth training designed to give developers with all experience levels a solid foundation of digital power theory and extensive hands-on labs. With TI's new offering, developers can more easily harness the efficiency and reliability benefits of digital power in applications such as servers, telecom rectifiers, lighting, renewable energy, and hybrid and electric vehicles. For more information, go to www.ti.com/digpwr-pfc-pr-sw.
New controlSUITE digital power libraries features and benefits:
- Free, open source and modular digital power libraries allow developers to change control techniques in software, eliminating need to modify or redesign topology hardware
- More than 25 digital power software blocks optimized for both the Piccolo C28x core and control law accelerator (CLA) to maximize performance, leaving headroom for additional control functions
- Intuitive installation with automatic upgrade option via controlSUITE™ software
- Improved software and supporting documentation interface via new controlSUITE Desktop, GUI powered by third party Crosshairs Embedded
New Piccolo MCU High Voltage PFC Developer's Kit features and benefits (TMDSHVPFCKIT):
- Complete hardware and software for two phase interleaved power factor correction jumpstarts development in less than 10 minutes
- Single F28027 Piccolo MCU with integrated high-performance analog, PWMs and other control-oriented peripherals reduces system cost
- Programmability provides flexibility to adjust control parameters to ensure optimum operation across a load range
- Isolated JTAG for real-time debug provides safety against high voltage
New Digital Power Three-Day Workshop by Biricha Digital Power Ltd.:
- Designed for analog power and embedded systems engineers with all levels of programming experience
- Begins with introductory theory, C2000 Piccolo MCU overview, step-by-step design of digital power supply control loops and digital slope compensation with no external circuitry
- Progresses to extensive design labs, including implementation of multiple voltage mode digital controllers and advanced digital peak current mode control
- More information, including dates and locations in Europe and Americas available at www.ti.com/digpwr-dpt-pr-v
- Additional training and support available through TI's free E2E community, online digital power workshop and complete documentation and schematics
Pricing and availability
The new Piccolo High Voltage PFC Developer's Kit (part number: TMDSHVPFCKIT) is priced at $249 US and is immediately available for order at www.ti.com/digpwr-pr-es. controlSUITE software is free and can be immediately accessed at www.ti.com/digpwr-pr-cslp. The Digital Power Multi-Day Workshop by Biricha Digital Power Ltd. is priced at $1,995 US, and locations can be found at www.ti.com/digpwr-dpt-pr-v.
TI provides power designers with a broad portfolio of processors, controllers and drivers as well as module solutions to solve any digital power system design challenge. Whether designing for isolated or non-isolated solutions from AC/DC to DC/DC point-of-load, TI's flexible, programmable, customizable and intuitive digital power portfolio enables a variety of solutions.
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex-M3-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000 MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI's digital power solutions and support by visiting the links below:
- High Voltage PFC Developer's Kit: www.ti.com/digpwr-pfc-pr-sw
- controlSUITE software: www.ti.com/digpwr-pr-cslp
- Three-Day Digital Power Workshop: www.ti.com/digpwr-biricha-pr-mc
- Video overview of Three-Day Workshop by Biricha Digital Power: www.ti.com/digpwr-dpt-pr-v
- Video overview of controlSUITE software: www.ti.com/digpwr-cs-pr-v
- Telecom DC/DC Module digital solution: www.ti.com/digpwr-teldcdc-ee
- Telecom/Server AC/DC supply – single controller solution: www.ti.com/digpwr-telacdc1-ee
- Telecom/Server AC/DC supply – dual controller solution: www.ti.com/digpwr-telacdc-ee
- TI digital power solutions: www.ti.com/digpwr-ti-pr-lp
- TI eStore: www.ti.com/digpwr-pr-es
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Stellaris is a registered trademark and Piccolo, MSP430, TMS320C2000 and C2000 are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated