LAS VEGAS , April 11 /PRNewswire/ — Envivio, Inc. is launching into its second decade of pioneering video convergence by unveiling its most innovative line-up of Three Screens solutions and product demonstrations at NAB 2010. The year-long celebration of vision and excellence begins April 12-15 on Booth SU4302 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, where Envivio's 4Caster™ C4(2) video processing platform will be center stage in a showcase of the industry's deepest range of next generation offerings for mobile TV, Internet TV, IPTV and terrestrial broadcast operations. Highlights will include support for Apple's new iPad, Video on Demand, 3D stereoscopic video streams, over-the-top delivery, and applications for enabling pay TV and ad-supported TV businesses.
“Envivio was founded on the premise that the Internet and the ability to deliver high quality video to devices other than televisions would unleash entirely new ways of experiencing visual entertainment,” said Julien Signes , President and CEO at Envivio. “Envivio's vision of convergence has been widely embraced and validated with record sales growth and the addition of major customers globally. Our products are delivering millions of streams of content to mobile devices, computers and TVs in every market around the world. Along the way, we made conscious decisions to do things differently. We developed an extensible software platform and made use of high performance Intel server hardware instead of the more traditional approach that uses rigid ASICs and FPGAs. This has given us the flexibility to anticipate the evolution of Three Screens delivery and to continually lead through innovation and quality enhancement.”
The Envivio 4Caster C4(2) Three Screens encoder is the result of 10 years of innovation, development and experience. It provides the means to deliver and profit from live and on-demand services for Mobile, PC and SD/HDTV screens, all from a single platform, eliminating the need for separate head-ends for each. The 4Caster C4(2) is found throughout the solutions Envivio has on display at NAB, including:
- Mobile TV using Envivio's high-efficiency, high-quality Extreme ™ video codec to support the world's most important mobile TV broadcast standards, including ATSC-M/H for Mobile DTV, CMMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, and ISDB-T. The Extreme codec also powers the efficient distribution of high quality live and recorded video streams over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks to the latest generation of smartphones, including iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices. Envivio 4Caster C4(2) will be showcased at the heart of Ericsson's new ATSC M/H ecosystem (SU3308). Complete transmission solutions featuring Envivio will also be on display at Axcera (SU2908) and LARCAN (SU3317). NBC will utilize the 4Caster C4(2) at NAB to provide live Mobile DTV broadcasts of NBC's Las Vegas affiliate KBLR, as well as CNBC and MSNBC.
- Internet TV solutions from Envivio unleash new ways of delivering paid and ad-supported programming on the Internet, over the top of existing networks. Envivio Extreme H.264 compression, combined with the latest adaptive streaming technologies, ensures top-quality, bandwidth-efficient video delivery for any application up to HD resolution. Encoding and transcoding for Flash, Silverlight and the newest Apple HTTP streaming format ensures compatibility with popular Internet devices and players, as well as leading content delivery networks. Ad insertion support via conversion of SCTE-35 messages into adaptive streams provides the foundation for developing new revenue opportunities. The 4Caster C4(2) securely encrypts content and interfaces with major Digital Right Management (DRM) platforms.
- Support for the new Apple iPad , enables HTTP streaming of live and on demand high definition (HD) TV services over Wi-Fi and 3G networks. This solution is already widely deployed to power network operator and over-the-top TV services for the iPhone, including Pay TV, Premier Soccer League and premium movie channels in Europe , coverage of the Winter Olympics and NHL hockey in Canada , and telecom Mobile TV services worldwide.
- Envivio On Demand , a network-based solution for Digital TV that enables subscribers to watch any programming they have recorded on their home's PVR from any smartphone or PC at the highest quality their chosen device is capable of supporting.
- Support for 3D stereoscopic streams .4Caster C4(2) is a uniquely flexible and future-proof video delivery platform that can be reconfigured to support exciting advances such as 3D stereoscopic video. At NAB, Envivio will showcase the delivery of full 1080p 3D streams, providing the highest quality 3D viewing experience whether on TV, computer or mobile devices.
For more information about Envivio Three Screens video processing solutions for Mobile, PC and TV, visit www.envivio.com.
Envivio makes the world's video content universally enjoyable by all viewers, on any device, across any network, at any time. Now in its second decade as a respected leader in the creation of video convergence solutions, Envivio has amassed dozens of patents, pioneered video-over-IP methods, and continually led with support for emerging technology. Today Envivio solutions deliver millions of content streams to hundreds of different styles of mobile phones, set top boxes, and PC platforms, on behalf of content owners, telecom operators, cable and satellite companies and mobile service providers in every market in the world. Deployment and support are backed by a global staff that is familiar with local technical, regulatory and market guidelines encountered around the world. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices in Rennes, France ; New York, New York ; London, England ; Beijing, China ; Singapore and Tokyo, Japan .
Envivio is a registered trademark of Envivio Inc. All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.
SOURCE Envivio Inc.