SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. , June 14 /PRNewswire/ — Envivio is demonstrating a wide range of new solutions at CommunicAsia 2010 (Stand 3G1-01) June 15-18 in Singapore designed to create new business opportunities for providers who offer mobile TV, Internet TV, IPTV and terrestrial broadcast services. Building on its 10 years of pioneering video convergence, Envivio will showcase a range of solutions based on its 4Caster™ C4(2) video processing platform, including support for Apple's new iPhone 4 and iPad, network-based video on demand, MVC encoding of 3D stereoscopic video, over-the-top delivery, and applications for enabling pay TV and ad-supported TV businesses.
“Our highly flexible platform puts us in the best position to support service providers who are shaking up the traditions of TV delivery,” said Julien Signes , President and CEO at Envivio. “Our focus on enabling the delivery of the best possible video quality—regardless of network or screen—gives them the confidence to be bold in shaping service offerings, certain that subscribers will love the experience of smooth, uninterrupted, high resolution video that makes the most of any device's capabilities.”
The Envivio 4Caster C4(2) Three Screens encoder is the result of 10 years of vision, innovation, development and experience. It provides the means to deliver and profit from live and on-demand services for Mobile, PC and SD/HDTV screens, all from a single platform, eliminating the need for separate head-ends for each service. The 4Caster C4(2) is found throughout the solutions Envivio has on display at CommunicAsia, including:
- Mobile TV using Envivio's high-efficiency, high-quality Extreme ™ video codec to support the world's most important mobile TV broadcast standards, including ATSC-M/H for Mobile DTV, CMMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, and ISDB-T. The Envivio Extreme codec also powers the efficient distribution live and recorded video streams over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks to the latest generation of smartphones, including iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices.
- Internet TV solutions from Envivio unleash new ways of delivering paid and ad-supported programming on the Internet, over the top of existing networks. Envivio Extreme H.264 compression, combined with the latest adaptive streaming technologies, ensures top-quality, bandwidth-efficient video delivery for any application up to HD resolution. Encoding and transcoding for Flash, Silverlight and the newest Apple HTTP streaming format ensures compatibility with popular Internet devices and players, as well as leading content delivery networks. Ad insertion support via conversion of SCTE-35 messages into adaptive streams provides the foundation for developing new revenue opportunities. The 4Caster C4(2) securely encrypts content and interfaces with major Digital Right Management (DRM) platforms.
- Support for the new Apple iPhone 4 and iPad enables HTTP streaming of live and on demand high definition (HD) TV services over Wi-Fi and 3G networks. This solution is already widely deployed to power network operator and over-the-top TV services including Pay TV, Premier Soccer League and premium movie channels in Europe , coverage of the Winter Olympics and NHL hockey in Canada , and telecom Mobile TV services worldwide.
- Envivio On Demand , a network-based solution for Digital TV that allows subscribers to watch any programming they have recorded on their home's PVR from any smartphone or PC at the highest quality their chosen device is capable of supporting.
- 3D stereoscopic compression .4Caster C4(2) is a uniquely flexible and future-proof video delivery platform that can be reconfigured to support exciting advances such as MVC encoding of 3D stereoscopic video. Envivio will showcase the delivery of full 1080p 3D streams, providing the highest quality 3D viewing experience whether on TV, computer or mobile devices.
For more information about Envivio Three Screens video processing solutions for Mobile, PC and TV, visit us at CommunicAsia 2010 Stand 3G1-01 or on the web at www.envivio.com.
Envivio makes the world's video content universally enjoyable by all viewers, on any device, across any network, at any time. Now in its second decade as a respected leader in the creation of video convergence solutions, Envivio has amassed dozens of patents, pioneered video-over-IP methods, and continually led with support for emerging technology. Today Envivio solutions deliver millions of content streams to hundreds of different styles of mobile phones, set top boxes, and PC platforms, on behalf of content owners, telecom operators, cable and satellite companies and mobile service providers in every market in the world. Deployment and support are backed by a global staff that is familiar with local technical, regulatory and market guidelines encountered around the world. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices in Rennes, France ; New York, New York ; London, England ; Beijing, China ; Singapore and Tokyo, Japan .
Envivio is a registered trademark of Envivio Inc. All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.