Document Printing from Web Storage Services Now Possible with PrintJinni for Epson
LONG BEACH, Calif., June 8, 2011
LONG BEACH, Calif. , June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, and Thinxtream™ Technologies today announced a free upgrade to the PrintJinni™ for Epson® mobile printing app, now delivering mobile printing from the cloud, enabling on-the-go users to access and print their files stored on various file sharing services.
In addition to printing Microsoft® Office, PDF and JPEG attachments from the Apple® Mail App, PrintJinni for Epson now allows Apple iPad™, iPhone® and iPod Touch® users to easily print stored documents from Apple iDisk®, Box.net® and Dropbox to any Epson wireless all-in-one, including WorkForce®, Artisan® and Stylus® NX models(1). Printing is easy and truly direct, without the need to install printer drivers or additional software on a Mac® or PC.
“This new version of PrintJinni for Epson is an exciting milestone. Not only does it have a new and easy-to-use interface, it also allows users to print their documents directly from the Cloud,” said Gregg Brunnick , group product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America , Inc. “This means Apple device users can print even more documents on the go and provides a new level of convenience. It is also part of Epson's commitment to continue delivering superior performance and mobile capabilities to our customers.”
In addition, the latest version of PrintJinni for Epson also offers an improved user interface, including intuitive icon-based navigation, a grayscale printing option for saving color ink and the ability to store up to five favorite printers.
“PrintJinni for Epson is quickly evolving into one of the most effective and convenient mobile printing apps on the market,” said Robert Shibata , director of marketing, Thinxtream Technologies. “We are pleased to continuously deliver increased functionality and ease-of-use to Epson all-in-one users.”
PrintJinni for Epson – Features:
- NEW – Print stored documents from file sharing services, including Apple iDisk, Box.net and Dropbox
- NEW – Intuitive icon-based navigation
- NEW – Grayscale print option (for faster printing and color ink conservation)
- NEW – Store previous printer addresses for convenience
- Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
- Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
- Prints PDF, Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Macintosh versions 2004 and 2008)
- Print attachments directly from the Apple Mail App
- Print web pages by web address (url)
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- Supports iPad(2), iPhone 4(3), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch(4)
PrintJinni for Epson is free and available in the U.S. and Canada on the Apple App Store, and includes a one-year subscription to PrintJinni Cloud Services. More information about Epson's mobile printing solutions is available on Epson's website.
About Epson America , Inc.
Epson America , Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 80,000 people in 102 countries around the world. To learn more about Epson America , please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
About Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.
Thinxtream Technologies is a global software product company, with innovative products and professional services for media and print applications across a wide range of industries. Based in Singapore , Thinxtream is a subsidiary of Celstream Technologies, an established, global Product Engineering Services company, with a rich heritage in offering complete product life-cycle development services. More information on the company can be found at www.thinxtream.com. For queries, please call +65 65169870 or write to
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson is a registered trademark, Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and Exceed Your Vision is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Thinxtream and PrintJinni are trademarks of Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd. Apple, iDisk, iPhone, iPod Touch and Mac are registered trademarks, and iPad is a Trademark of Apple Inc. Box.net is a registered trademark of Box.net Inc. Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Supports the following Epson wirelessly enabled all-in-one printers: Epson Artisan 700, 710, 725, 800, 810, and 835; Epson Stylus NX420, NX510, NX515, and NX625; Epson WorkForce 325, 520, 600, 610, 615, 630, 633, 635 and 840.
(2) Supports Apple iPad running iOS 3.2.1, 4.2 and 4.3.
(3) Supports iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0 through 4.3.
(4) Supports Apple iPod touch, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS running iOS 3.1.3 through 4.3.
SOURCE Epson America , Inc.