LAS VEGAS , Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ — For young fans of Nickelodeon's iCarly , Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants, Sakar International has released a series of digital cameras, video cameras and webcams themed with their favorite characters for creative play. Value-added extras like interactive software based on the shows and even the ability to take pictures underwater make for hours of fun.
Sized to fit kids' hands, the new cameras let young 'publishers' create their own adventures in the house or outdoors and publish them for friends and family to view. The character-branded devices encourage children to be creative and imaginative – like the television characters that inspired them – as they build their own shows and communicate with friends.
The new cameras are immediately available at Toys 'R Us with MSRPs of $29.99 to $49.99 . They include:
- iCarly Digital Video Cam with Faceplates (MSRP $49.99 ) – This compact, resilient video camera comes with different faceplates and interactive software based on the Emmy-nominated children's show iCarly , which features teenager Carly Shay and the web show that she creates with her friends. With the digi cam, kids can videotape with their friends and create their own web shows. Ages 7-12.
- iCarly Mini Web Cam with Faceplates (MSRP $29.99 )– Also standard with changeable faceplates, this web cam includes a fun software suite based on Nickelodeon's iCarly . Children can chat with friends, send video emails or record videos to create their own web show, just like Carly. Comes with integrated microphone. Ages 7-12.
- Dora the Explorer Digital Video Cam (MSRP $49.99 ) – In honor of Dora's 10th anniversary, this new digital video camera is extremely easy for younger children to use. A hand strap and resilient build give the camera an extra sturdy feel. Interactive software based on the show makes it simple for preschoolers to film their own backyard adventures. Ages 3-6.
- Dora the Explorer Talking Digital Camera (MSRP $29.99 ) – Perfect for little kids, this organically shaped camera includes a software suite and interactive functionality as well as a number of built-in phrases from Dora, activated by pressing certain buttons.Ages 3-6.
- SpongeBob SquarePants Underwater Camera (MSRP $29.99 ) – We all know SpongeBob lives in a pineapple under the sea, but how does he take pictures of his friends and family? Waterproofed for guaranteed pictures at the beach or pool, this underwater camera takes up to 152 photos and comes with a cool SpongeBob-branded design and case. Great for vacations to Bikini Bottom. Ages 5-11.
The Nickelodeon camera line joins iCarly and SpongeBob SquarePants -branded game accessories that were launched in June as part of a multi-year licensing agreement between Sakar and Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products.
The products will be exhibited in Booth #9841 in Central Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center at the 2010 International CES show that opens today.
About Sakar International
Sakar International Inc. designs and manufactures a wide range of technology, toy, and consumer electronic products. Founded in 1977, the company is the manufacturer of Vivitar camera equipment and accessories, a market leader in rechargeable batteries, and a producer of licensed products for leading consumer brands. Products range from digital cameras and camcorders with related accessories to computer, iPod, GPS and gaming accessories, binoculars, MP3 players, clock radios, gift and toy electronics. The company is privately held and headquartered in Edison, N.J. For more information, visit www.sakar.com.
About Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products
Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products manages the world's third largest licensing business, representing leading properties such as SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer , and managing merchandising for Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTVN International, and Spike TV.
Nickelodeon, now in its 30th anniversary year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for more than 15 consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).
SOURCE Sakar International Inc.