CHICAGO, April 16, 2012
CHICAGO , April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for sale a patented improvement in techniques for the input of written Chinese characters from Robert O'Dell.
Written Chinese has thousands of characters, and inputting Chinese characters through keyboards or touch-screen devices remains difficult for many people. Techniques are desired that allow for easier and more efficient input of the many thousands of Chinese characters.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio proposes a technique to facilitate the input of Chinese characters through a user interface.
- A method is disclosed that uses character pronunciation to facilitate the input of non-phonetic characters.
- One disclosed technique enables the user to enter an alternative character that rhymes with the desired character.
- An index of characters that rhyme with the alternative is then displayed for selection.
- Other techniques disclosed enable users to easily and more quickly input Chinese characters using keys arranged in a matrix, such as a mobile phone keypad or touch screen.
- The sequence of strokes entered in the matrix by the user in an indicated location quickly results in the display of a specific Chinese character, making it easier to input the Chinese language.
This is a key strategic portfolio for companies providing computer software or applications for multi-lingual text inputs.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include:
Research in Motion, Nokia Corp.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Olivia Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 561-358-1678
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information, visit www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage