ENGLEWOOD, Colo. , April 7 /PRNewswire/ — Jeppesen today introduces the FliteDeck Pro electronic flight bag (EFB) application – a category-changing solution developed through extensive operational testing and design coordination with pilots and flight operations staff in the commercial and military aviation industries.
Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro innovations were achieved through a partnership with pilots and aviation industry experts who outlined preferred EFB functionality. The result of this crew-centered approach to research, design and development, FliteDeck Pro offers numerous operational advantages over previous EFB applications, including:
- An easy-to-adopt, simple navigation system.
- Designed with an open framework, allowing for simple integration of software and data across multiple aircraft types and hardware platforms.
- Clear guidance on how to handle failure conditions.
- Easily managed in-flight chart revisions and incorporates data from wireless or portable memory stick technology.
- Simplifies electronic flight bag configuration management and data distribution.
- Enhanced touch-screen highlighting allows crew members to share highlighted charts to reduce workload and improve communication.
- Ability to easily record air traffic control instruction and integrate performance tools from Boeing, Airbus and other airframe manufacturers.
“Continental worked with Jeppesen to produce a new version of EFB software,” said Mitch Scott , manager, Navigation and Charting Flight Operations, Continental Airlines. “Not one designed by a manufacturer, but designed by an airline, by the people who fly the aircraft. Therefore, it's an EFB for pilots, built by pilots.”
Featuring an innovative, optimized design, the FliteDeck Pro application is designed for commercial aviation use, while FliteDeck Military is offered to the global military aviation market.
Jeppesen moving map applications that are integrated with FliteDeck include airport moving map (AMM), data distribution management (DDM) and many others. These solutions enhance flight deck capability and continue the pioneering legacy of the first paperless cockpit operations achieved in partnership with Jeppesen.
“Pilots no longer have to compromise. FliteDeck Pro provides an integrated, flight-critical solution that delivers immediate value and long-term potential,” said Thomas Wede , Jeppesen senior vice president and general manager, Aviation. “FliteDeck Pro works intuitively and streamlines pilot and operations staff coordination to provide cost savings as part of a total information solution.”
FliteDeck Pro also provides the most overall value for an EFB investment, as it is easier to support and requires less training than previous applications. The introduction of FliteDeck Pro is the result of the collaborative efforts of pilots, Jeppesen product managers, advanced research and human/computer interaction experts.
For more information on the industry-leading navigation solutions provided by the Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro application, please visit www.jeppesen.com/efb-FliteDeckPro. For FliteDeck Military information, please visit www.jeppesen.com/efb-FliteDeckMilitary.
For more than 75 years Jeppesen has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. Today this pioneering spirit continues as Jeppesen delivers essential information and optimization solutions to improve the efficiency of air, sea and rail operations around the globe. Jeppesen is a subsidiary of Boeing Commercial Aviation Services, a unit of Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
FLITEDECK PRO FACT SHEET:
Easy to adopt EFB Environment
- Simple navigation structure
- Consistent interactions across all functionality
- Airport moving map (AMM) integrated into pilot workflow
- Seamless access to third-party applications
- Shared flight information across applications
Effective feedback of system status and improved error handling
- Automatic validation of EFB system status and network synchronization at startup
- Clear feedback on communication status at all times
- Robust handling of failure conditions – clear guidance on actions to take when a problem is encountered
- Ability to use database from networked EFB
New functionality to handle database and chart effectivity issues
- Automatic detection when a database is past its revision cycle
- Easy access to in-flight chart revisions
Efficient pre-flight set-up
- Automatic loading of data revisions from a pre-defined location (wireless, memory stick, etc.)
- Efficient means of cross-loading data on networked EFBs
- Synchronization with FMS flight information
- Upload flight information from pre-defined location (wireless, memory stick, etc.)
- Airline configurable default chart selection
Efficient chart access and use
- Quick access to selected charts
- More effective organization of charts
- Efficient means of panning and zooming
- Ability to highlight charts
- Ability to send charts to networked EFBs
- Quick means of printing charts
- Efficient means of accessing charted radio frequencies
- Easy means of arming taxi diagrams and airport moving map
- Quick means of recording and accessing taxi instruction