Maxim Integrated Products' MAX31722/MAX31723 are digital thermometers and thermostats that provide local temperature readings over a user-selectable SPI or 3-wire interface.
While most competitive devices require at least a 2.7V supply, these temperature sensors can operate from a voltage supply as low as 1.7V. This low supply voltage, along with a 2.4µA low-power standby mode, makes the products well-suited for low-power or battery-operated systems.
The MAX31722/MAX31723 offer the designer an array of options to help ease design. An SPI or 3-wire interface is available for reading and writing data. The user can adjust the readout resolution between 9 and 12 bits for applications that require greater temperature resolution. Both high- and low-accuracy applications are satisfied with the MAX31723 (±0.5°C) or MAX31722 (±2.0°C).
- Temperature Measurements Require No External Components
- Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C
- MAX31722 Thermometer Accuracy is ±2.0°C
- MAX31723 Thermometer Accuracy is ±0.5°C
- Thermometer Resolution is Configurable from 9 to 12 Bits (0.5°C to 0.0625°C Resolution)
- Thermostat Output with User-Defined Nonvolatile Thresholds
- Data is Read from/Written to by SPI (Modes 0 and 2) or 3-Wire Serial Interface
- 1.7V to 3.7V Power-Supply Range
- Available in 8-Pin µMAX Package
Pricing: Starts at $0.79 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Datasheet: Click here.