STMicroelectronics has completed its portfolio of industry-standard comparators in space-saving packages with the introduction of the LMV331 packaged in a choice of 2.00 x 1.25 mm SC70 or 2.90 x 1.60 mm SOT23 form factors.
Battery-powered devices such as notebook PCs, PDAs and other handheld mobile communications products are major users of low-power comparators, such as the LMV331, for duties including signal handling or event detection. ST's variety of industry-standard comparators enables designers to optimize power consumption, response time and package size according to application requirements. ST's new LMV331 variants, in miniature 5-pin packages, maximize choice for designers seeking the best combination of speed and power for space-constrained applications.
Performance highlights of the LMV331 include:
- Supply voltage range: 2.7 V to 5 V
- Current consumption (Operating): 20 mircoA (Vcc = 2.7 V)
- Propagation delay: 200 ns
- Input-offset voltage: 1 mV
- Input-offset current: 1 nA
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85 degrees Celsius
- ESD tolerance: 2 kV HBM / 200 V MM
Availability and Pricing
The LMV331 is in mass production now, and is priced from $0.25 in quantities of 1000 units.