West Kingston, RI — American Power Conversion (APC) announces InfraStruXure Express, a fully mobile data center for businesses working on transitional IT projects or developing robust business continuity and disaster recovery programs. Based on APC's award-winning InfraStruXure architecture, InfraStruXure Express features a highly available Tier IV (redundant power and cooling) data center design that is self contained and can be populated with standard IT equipment such as servers and internetworking gear. The solution requires no existing indoor IT real estate or prep-work at the client site, and can be immediately deployed from single in-stock architecture. This new approach is also ideal for data centers that are undergoing transitions such as server migration/consolidation, moves/adds/changes, construction/restructuring or technology adoption.
Available for all size loads, APC's InfraStruXure on-demand architecture for network-critical physical infrastructure (NCPI) integrates power, cooling, rack, management and services allowing the selection of standardized, modular components to create a customized solution. The fully transportable InfraStruXure Express can also be used for events such as festivals, sporting events and mobile nerve centers requiring short-term, mobile IT support. The architecture is ideal for catastrophic action teams with mobile IT needs, such as insurance firms, civil authorities and governmental agencies. The system is also available with militarized modifications suitable for military deployments.
“With the dynamic pace and rapid change in IT environments, this newest addition to the InfraStruXure family gives IT project managers an integrated turn-key data center solution,” said Dwight Sperry, APC's group general manager of Enterprise Systems and Business Networks. “With fully integrated power, cooling, management and services within a rack-optimized design, InfraStruXure Express provides premier availability in the most agile configuration yet seen by the industry.”
InfraStruXure Express is a datacenter with integrated NCPI and a Network Operating Center (NOC).
The APC InfraStruXure Express mobile data center
The integrated NCPI includes:
* Power: Two 40 kW Symmetra uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs) providing 2N redundancy for power and power distribution
* Power Generation: Integrated Power Generation System consists of stand-by Power Generator with Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) with integrated distribution panels
* Cooling: One 50 kW NetworkAir In-Row Computer Air Conditioner for high performance cooling capability and five additional cooling units for extended capabilities and redundancy
* Management: InfraStruXure Manager Appliance provides a browser-accessible, user friendly tool to easily manage the entire network-critical physical infrastructure (NCPI)
* Racks: 11 NetShelter Seismic Racks providing 500U of space.
The data center and Network Operating Center (NOC) includes:
* Satellite Connectivity: via Ground Control Direct Way communications
* Security System: Card access, 24×7 CCTV
* Monitors: 11 available for NOC, Data Center Management (via InfraStruXure Manager) and security and general viewing (news and weather)
* Fully Contained Fire Suppression: FM 200 system
* Alternate Fuel Option: Runs on biofuel as well as diesel
* Spare Parts Component: On-hand components for quick resolution and deployment.
The InfraStruXure Express with the NOC accommodates up to eight individuals (with two seating areas). The structure is set-up for immediate connection for voice, data and entertainment. The specialty trailer is a heavy duty, regulation size drop frame designed for electronics and is 53 feet long, 8 ½ feet wide and 13 ½ feet tall (permissible vehicle dimensions meet DOT regulations). InfraStruXure Express is currently available in North America for purchase or lease.
Customers can order this solution as an IT data center infrastructure or can be preloaded with customized equipment.
APC's InfraStruXure is on-demand architecture for network-critical physical infrastructure (NCPI). The InfraStruXure design, which integrates power, cooling, rack, management and services, allows the selection of standardized, modular components to create a customized solution. This standardization coupled with APC's web-based Build Out Tool enables an easily scalable architecture designed to meet changing needs and future expansion. This patent-pending approach provides increased availability, improved adaptability and speed of deployment as well as lowered total cost of ownership for IT environments ” from wiring closets to computer rooms to data centers.
With integrated management becoming a critical component in the NCPI, APC offers comprehensive management solutions including InfraStruXure Manager, which provides IT and facilities managers with a browser accessible, user-friendly tool that offers monitoring of power, cooling, and environment management at the rack or room level.
For more information on APC's InfraStruXure Express and other offerings, please visit www.apc.com or call 800-877-4080.