WALLDORF, Germany, Feb. 6, 2012
WALLDORF, Germany , Feb. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Following its commitment to deliver regular and digestible innovation to customers, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the second wave of extensive usability and functionality improvements for industry and line-of-business solutions. Launched in October 2011, the accelerated delivery model for SAP® Business Suite software allows the delivery of incremental updates without disrupting customers' business — driven by business needs, not technical requirements. The innovations will include new user experiences for professional and casual users, such as landing pages and side panels with integrated analytics.
Application stack simplifications will help customers better manage the total cost of ownership (TCO) of their IT landscape. Functional enhancements to SAP applications will address a wide range of important business processes:
- For the supply chain, the SAP® Supply Network Collaboration (SAP SNC) application will be enhanced to improve analysis of suppliers' performance and drive increased adoption within a partner ecosystem.
- For marketing, a new user interface (UI) is planned to allow users to interactively compile target groups for marketing campaigns from multiple high-volume data sources. Better targeted campaigns will help to save marketing money and increase campaign effectiveness.
- A new UI in the SAP® Enterprise Asset Management (SAP EAM) solution will enable maintenance workers to carry out their daily tasks more easily and efficiently. Integrated functionality for worker safety and risk management will help make operations of technical objects, including pipelines or power grids, safer.
- For business travelers, the SAP® Travel Management application is planned to simplify receipt management and accelerate reimbursement processes. Easy access to travel information will help travelers plan trips better and save money.
- Side panels with contextual information will be provided to improve the user experience for professional finance users. Notes, attachments, analytical and Web content will help professionals in making informed decisions.
- Manufacturers will gain the ability to increase their operational efficiency in production with planned enhancements to batch handling, cost planning, and label printing in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) application SAP® ERP.
- The consume-to-cash process is planned to support end-to-end prepaid processes and to be deeply integrated with CRM. This will help simplify and accelerate the modeling and deployment of innovative products and services.
“Our customers change and evolve their business models for sustainable growth,” said Peter Maier , general manager and head of Line of Business Solutions, SAP AG. “Better and more flexible software solutions are critical to stay competitive. The innovations we outline today do not disrupt our customers' business with big upgrades, and give them the tools they need to run better in an ever-changing global market.”
The innovations are currently in ramp-up. For more information on these updates, visit the SAP® Service Marketplace extranet, the SAP Business Suite page on sap.com and the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
Janice Edman , +1 (650) 223-4817, , PST
SOURCE SAP AG