CAMPBELL, Calif. , June 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ –Nimsoft, a business unit of CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA), today announced enhancements to the Nimsoft Unified Monitoring™ architecture that enable customers to better monitor and manage critical business applications across all types of infrastructure—from the data center to the cloud—including SaaS, hosted and virtualized environments.
The main enhancements are:
- A Unified Monitoring Portal that provides customizable Web 2.0 dashboards and reporting
- Expanded resource coverage that enables the Nimsoft Unified Monitoring solutions to gather monitoring data from more than 100 systems, devices, and services—including Google's cloud-based applications and Rackspace cloud offerings
“Customers have recognized the tremendous value Nimsoft provides by delivering a single view of both the internal data center and external cloud-based services,” said Gary Read, senior vice president and general manager of the Nimsoft Business Unit at CA Technologies. “With these enhancements, we are further augmenting that value proposition by adding to the resources we can monitor, and providing even more sophisticated ways to view and understand today's increasingly complex and dynamic IT environments.”
With the release of the Unified Monitoring Portal, customers gain a comprehensive, intuitive, Web-based interface. Customers can instrument and view the monitoring of their internal data center, and their internal and external cloud-based services. By using industry-standard portal and portlet technology, the Unified Monitoring Portal provides access to Nimsoft information, along with information and the GUI from third parties that have written to those standards. Customers will have the ability to customize the portal as their needs and IT roles dictate.
The expanded monitoring coverage is delivered in three new offerings:
- Power Monitor —enables users to monitor data center power efficiency and UPS status through a single dashboard. The solution provides insights into the cost and availability of power, which has become a critical consideration as IT seeks to meet volatile business demand with constrained resources in virtualized environments. This solution monitors specific SNMP values from uninterruptible power supplies, power distribution units, and automatic transfer switches for APC devices. Support for other power unit manufacturers' devices will be added over time.
- googleAppEngine and googleApps monitoring —enables users to monitor Google's cloud-based applications. Administrators will be able to monitor domain performance of Google Apps and the status of the Google AppEngine application.
- Rackspace cloud monitoring —enables users to monitor infrastructure that they obtain as a service from Rackspace. Nimsoft monitors Rackspace Cloud Servers and Cloud Files (storage) that are integrated with the Limelight content delivery network (CDN). As a result, Nimsoft customers who use Rackspace can measure the performance of their cloud computing infrastructure—including server usage, deployment efficiencies, latencies, disk usage, file upload/download bandwidths, and even the real-time cost of cloud resources—in an integrated manner with their other resources.
“As demand for QTS cloud services continued to grow, we recognized that pre-virtualization tools were not suitable for managing heterogeneous environments. After evaluating alternatives, we selected Nimsoft Unified Monitoring, which allows us to provide transparency to our clients for their infrastructure and applications,” said Kurt Stoever , QTS vice president of service support. “QTS' deployment of the Nimsoft Unified Monitoring Portal and Unified Reporter provides the tools our customers need to ensure the performance and reliability of their entire IT infrastructure; both virtual and physical.”
These new offerings augment the comprehensive monitoring coverage of Nimsoft Unified Monitoring solutions, which can monitor core enterprise assets—including networks, databases, applications and virtualized environments.
Nimsoft provides Unified Monitoring™ solutions for virtualized data centers, hosted and managed services, cloud platforms, and SaaS resources. The Nimsoft Unified Monitoring architecture eliminates the need to deploy a new monitoring solution for outsourced services, public or private clouds, or SaaS implementations. About 800 customers use Nimsoft Unified Monitoring solutions, including hundreds of leading hosting, cloud and managed service providers such as 1&1, BlueLock, CDW, Hitachi, Rackspace, SoftLayer and Troubadour. For more information, visit www.nimsoft.com or to see Nimsoft Unified Monitoring in action, visit the Nimsoft public portal at www.unifiedmonitoring.com. Nimsoft is a business unit within the CA Technologies Cloud Products & Solutions Business Line.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright© 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. Nimsoft and Nimsoft Unified Monitoring are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nimsoft Inc. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies