Next Generation Mobile Website Now Available On Any Web-Enabled Smartphone
CHICAGO, April 12, 2011
CHICAGO , April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Orbitz for Business, the corporate travel group of Orbitz Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: OWW), today became the first major online travel company to launch an end-to-end mobile solution that allows business travelers to search and book flights, hotels and car rentals directly from any web-enabled smartphone. Orbitz for Business customers can now search and book travel through the next generation mobile website at http://m.orbitzforbusiness.net.
“Business travelers increasingly want to use mobile devices to search and book trips that adhere to their companies' travel policies – we do not believe a comprehensive, end-to-end solution has been available until today,” said Frank Petito , president, Orbitz for Business. “The Orbitz for Business mobile solution enables travelers to plan and purchase air, hotel and car travel through a streamlined, intuitive interface optimized for mobile devices. Equally important, the solution was built to support the policy, control and compliance requirements of corporate travel managers and their programs.”
The new Orbitz for Business mobile website gives business travelers the flexibility, features and functionality to book a broad array of travel products and services from their mobile devices, including:
- Make New Reservations : Search for and book thousands of flights, hotels and car rental options, including same-day and last-minute reservations. With support for all search types available on the traditional Orbitz for Business site, the new mobile site allows travelers to sort and filter across a full range of criteria and preferences, such as searching for flights by price or schedule, or searching for hotels and cars by city, airport, company location or address.
- Trip Tracking and Itinerary Management : All travel reservations and trip details will be available through My Trips, including the ability to cancel existing reservations and share itineraries.
- Flight Status and Traveler Updates : Check flight status on major worldwide airlines or view detailed airport conditions top U.S. cities. Travelers will also continue to receive patented Orbitz for Business CARE alerts and real-time Traveler Updates.
Additionally, the Orbitz for Business mobile website applies all existing corporate travel policies, controls and compliance guidelines to new reservations, such as:
- Full Policy Application for All Reservations : Travel and compliance policies will be applied to new mobile reservations. This includes trip purpose, prioritized search results with preferred suppliers and other company-level travel policies and reference data.
- Company and Global Messaging : Global messaging from Orbitz for Business and company-specific messages will appear on the mobile home page and within search results.
- Customer Service and Support : Travelers are always just one click away from 24/7 customer service, including email and telephone-based offline support.
Orbitz for Business customers using a web-enabled mobile device or smartphone can access the next generation mobile website today by visiting http://m.orbitzforbusiness.net.
About Orbitz for Business
Orbitz for Business (http://www.orbitzforbusiness.com) is the corporate travel brand of Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW). Launched in 2002, Orbitz for Business offers a complete portfolio of travel products and services that help corporate customers plan, search and book business travel. Orbitz for Business leverages the Orbitz Worldwide technology platform, customized for corporate travelers. In addition to its leading technology, Orbitz for Business delivers full service, cost effective travel management solutions including 24×7 customer support; expense reporting and policy management tools; and comprehensive choice in travel inventory.
About Orbitz Worldwide
Orbitz Worldwide is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travelers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products. Orbitz Worldwide owns a portfolio of consumer brands that includes Orbitz (www.orbitz.com), CheapTickets (www.cheaptickets.com), ebookers (www.ebookers.com), HotelClub (www.hotelclub.com), RatesToGo (www.ratestogo.com) and the Away Network (www.away.com). Also within the Orbitz Worldwide family, Orbitz Worldwide Distribution (http://corp.orbitz.com/partnerships/distribution) delivers private label travel solutions to a broad range of partners including many of the world's largest airlines, and Orbitz for Business (www.orbitzforbusiness.com) delivers managed corporate travel solutions for corporations. For more information on partnership opportunities with Orbitz Worldwide, visit corp.orbitz.com. Orbitz Worldwide uses its Investor Relations website to make information available to its investors and the public at http://www.orbitz-ir.com. You can sign up to receive email alerts whenever the company posts new information to the website.
SOURCE Orbitz for Business