Linear Technology Corporation has introduced the LTC2635 quad 12-bit, 10-bit and 8-bit rail-to-rail digital-to-analog converters (DACs), which integrate a precision 10ppm/ degrees C reference in 3 mm x 3 mm QFN and MSOP packages.
Ordering options include 2.5 V (LTC2635-L) and 4.096 V (LTC2635-H) DAC full-scale outputs. In addition to offering power-on reset to zero and mid-scale options, the LTC2635-L also includes ordering options for high impedance outputs at power-on reset and during shutdown. This allows the DAC to be used in applications such as power supply margining where the DAC outputs must be electrically isolated from the power supply at power-on, before being called to action to adjust supply voltages up and down.
The LTC2635's small size and internal reference are important for a variety of industrial, automotive and ATE applications. The LTC2635 offers 12-bit performance of ±2.5LSB (max) INL error and 3 nVs crosstalk, ensuring that a voltage change on one DAC has minimal effect on the other DACs. Operating from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, supply current is a low 125 μA per DAC.
In addition to selecting one of three resolution options, designers can also choose between a 2.5 V or 4.096 V full-scale range, as well as power-up options for zero-scale, mid-scale or Hi-Z. The 16-pin 3mm x 3mm QFN package includes a hardware load-DAC (LDAC) pin, three address pins for selecting 27 unique I2C addresses, and a REFLO pin. The 10-pin MSOP package has just one address pin for selection of up to 3 unique addresses on the I2C bus. All LTC2635 options are guaranteed over the automotive (-40 to +125 degrees C) and commercial (0 to +70 degrees C) temperature ranges. Pricing begins at $2.03 each in 1,000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC2635
- Integrated Precision Reference:
2.5 V Full Scale 10ppm/ degrees C (LTC2635-L)
4.096 V Full Scale 10ppm/ degrees C (LTC2635-H)
- Maximum 12-Bit INL Error: ±2.5 LSB
- Pin- & Software-Compatible I2C DACs
- Guaranteed Monotonic Over -40 to +125 degrees C Temperature Range
- Ultralow Crosstalk Between DACs (3 nVs)
- Low Noise (0.75 mVP-P, 0.1 Hz to 200 kHz)
- Selectable Internal or External Reference
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V Supply Range (LTC2635-L)
- Low Power Operation: 125 μA per DAC
- Power-On Reset to Zero-Scale, Mid-Scale or Hi-Z Options
- Tiny 3 mm x 3 mm QFN-16 & MSOP-10 Packages