Dubbed “Atlas,” the New Version Includes Unprecedented Levels of Analytics to Regulate Staffing, Kiosk & Auto Offline Modes, Multi-Location Support and Card Payments at 2 Percent Per Swipe
SAN FRANCISCO, June 5, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO , June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Continuing to drive point-of-sale (POS) innovation, Revel Systems Inc. (www.revelsystems.com), maker of a revolutionary iPad cash register for the 21st century that operates on the Apple iPad or iPhone optimized for restaurant and retail establishments, today announced worldwide availability of the newest version — called “Atlas” — of its award-winning iPad POS platform.
Until now deployed only in select stores, Atlas features software innovations that include unprecedented levels of analytics that allow users to see trends in sales to increase or decrease staff at certain times of the day and an enhanced kiosk mode that increases usability for customer ordering. This version also allows the ability to create icons or descriptive images for items for purchase by taking photographs using the iPad to allow a more personalized user interface for brands to position themselves to customers.
Growing rapidly and processing millions of dollars with major brands such as Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, Belkin and Twistee Treat, the Revel POS is emerging as a powerful platform for which third-party vendors and developers can build new applications and services. In partnership with LevelUp, creator of an easy QR code-based payment option, Revel Systems now charges just 2 percent per swipe for all major credit cards, versus almost three percent of other payment options. Other vendors that stand to take advantage of and benefit from Revel System's open application programming interface (API) include Perkville, which offers a POS-based loyalty program, as well as Square and PayPal.
“With the release of Atlas, Revel Systems is climbing to new heights in terms of breaking the software barriers for restaurants and retail stores alike,” said Lisa Falzone , co-founder and CEO of Revel Systems. “Our emergence as a development platform for third-party solutions is extremely exciting, and we're working with a number of vendors and developers as we continue to push the envelope in the point-of-sale space.”
Designed for both medium-sized businesses and large enterprises, Revel Systems' POS solution eliminates the need for back-office servers, combining the power of the cloud and the security of a local iPad application. It's easily customizable for payroll, inventory tracking, web ordering, email receipts and more, and manages everything from menu and ingredients to order-taking, secure payment processing and real-time reporting. In addition, with all Revel System's iPad POS systems now being deployed by Geek Squad® , the leading national tech support service owned by Best Buy, it's faster and easier than ever before for customers to get up and running.
Atlas Feature Highlights:
- Purchase order system allows users to send vendor e-mails when inventory is low and accepts inventory when it arrives in the system directly from the iPad or via the Web administration console
- Time scheduling/time clock with iPad picture-taking verifies identity of users when clocking in via a personal identification number (PIN)
- Payroll for employees prints payroll for staff with different roles (e.g. waiter by day, chef by night) so employees get paid at varying pay rates without hassle
- Offline mode allows for convenience to use the POS system anywhere, even if you lose internet connection; with the database located in the cloud and the iPad, offline mode allows the iPad(s) to re-sync when you're back online
- External CSV support for enterprises that want access to data in their POS system for import into bigger systems
- Kitchen display support eliminates need for printers in the kitchen and saves hundreds of dollars per year on paper and ink
- Digital Menu Board support with third-party API allows menu displays to be changed from within the POS, including “combo menu” options
- Receiver iTouch support shows customers what they are buying and allows customers to sign with their finger on iTouch screen, eliminating the need to flip the iPad
- Kiosk support includes person-less kiosk mode, allowing customers to use the system without an attendant
- Multi-location support delivers location-specific support for pricing and taxes
- PCI-compliant software (payment card industry) does not store credit card information in the iPad, and customer data is encrypted as it passes though the system
About Revel Systems
Revel Systems is an iPad hybrid cloud-based point-of-sale system for restaurants and retail establishments that is a dream for chain owners, enabling them to see their data in real time from any location. Based in San Francisco, Calif. , the company has developed a quick, intuitive and secure mobile POS system that combines cloud-based technology with the mobility of the iPad, and is fully customizable with payroll, inventory tracking, web ordering, email receipts, and integration with social media companies including Yelp, Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare. For more information, please visit www.revelsystems.com.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Revel Systems