BASKING RIDGE, N.J. , and RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. , July 8 /PRNewswire/ — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Electronics Corporation announced that the Samsung N150™ netbook is available for order today. The Samsung N150 combines a sleek design with up to seven hours of battery life and built-in Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband network connectivity.
- Powerful Intel® Atom™ N450 1.66 GHz processor and Windows® 7 Starter that run multiple applications and deliver great performance
- Built-in connectivity to the nation's largest and most reliable 3G network
- Global Ready with a pre-installed SIM Card for access in more than 200 countries, more than 110 with 3G speeds
- Built-in chargeable USB port that serves as a charger for mobile devices even when the Samsung N150 is turned off
- Samsung Support Center provides a single hub for Samsung performance applications such as online customer support, recovery and backup, and troubleshooting
- Weight: 2.73 pounds
- Size: 10.4″ x 7.4″ x 1.05″
- Stylish, glossy black finish with rounded edges for user comfort
- 93 percent full-size keyboard for easy typing
- Memory: up to 1 GB DDR2
- Screen: 10.1″ non-glare LCD WSVGA LED backlight
- Resolution: 1024 x 600
- Graphics: Intel GMA 3150
- External VGA (15-pin) port
- Stereo speakers
- Memory card slot: 3-in-1 Multi Memory Card (SD/SDHC/MMC)
- Hard drive: 160 GB 5400 RPM (max)
- Mobile Broadband radio/frequency bands: CDMA/1X/EV-DO Rev. A: 800/1900 MHz; UMTS/HSPA: 850/1900/2100 MHz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Wi-Fi®: 802.11 b/g/n
- LAN: 10/100 Ethernet
- Battery: 6 cell (4,4000mAh) that delivers up to seven hours of battery life on a single charge
- Bluetooth® connectivity: Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR
Pricing and availability:
- The Samsung N150 is available for order today in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $49.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. A promotional price of $29.99 with a new two-year customer agreement is available at www.verizonwireless.com/netbooks.
- Customers will need to choose one of the following Mobile Broadband plan options:
- $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and $0.10 /MB overage
- $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance and $0.05 /MB overage
- Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans are also available:
- $15 for 75 MB (one day of use)
- $30 for 250 MB (one week of use)
- $50 for 500 MB (one month of use)
- Customers traveling abroad can sign up for one of the following GlobalAccess plans:
- GlobalAccess Monthly Plan, which starts at $129.99 for monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada , $0.05 /MB overage) with 100 MB allowance in select destinations ($0.005 /KB after allowance). Customers who require higher usage when traveling abroad can take advantage of the $219.99 monthly access plan that offers 200 MB allowance with the same rates for overage as the $129.99 plan.
- GlobalAccess Pay Per Use for occasional use must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the United States . The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002 /KB in Canada , $0.005 /KB in Mexico , and $0.02 /KB in more than 200 other destinations.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J. , with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
Based in Ridgefield Park, N.J. , Samsung's Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is a division of Samsung Electronics America (SEA), a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC), the world's largest technology company based on revenue. As one of the fastest growing IT companies in the world, Samsung EBD is committed to serving the needs of consumers ranging from the home user to the Fortune 500 elite and supporting the valued channel partners who serve our customers. Samsung EBD offers a complete line of award-winning color and mono-laser printing solutions, desktop monitors, notebook computers, digital signage solutions and projectors. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless