There's a new class of switch products will enable the handling of differential broadband signals in advanced high-bandwidth applications, according to Pericom Semiconductor Corp. The company's line of application specific standard products (ASSPs) now includes switching solutions that address applications requiring up to 700 MHz of bandwidth.
The new analog switch line includes the PI3USBxx, which is optimized for USB applications; the PI3DBVxx, optimized for video; and the PI3Lxx, optimized for LANs.
High speed differential signals are required to drive DVI, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, and Firewire interfaces, reminds Jeff DeAngelis, Pericom's Director of Marketing. High-speed and signal integrity are the key “care-abouts” for next generation Server, Networking, PC, Cellular, and Industrial platforms, he said.
The Broadband Switches provide wide operating bandwidths up to 700 MHz for TMDS & LVDS signaling standards by simultaneously minimizing both on-resistance (R-on), and on-capacitance (C-on). This technology also supports memory interfaces by significantly reducing bus loading. Common applications such as CompactFlash (CF) and
PCMCIA Cards could double their memory capacity, as a result.
Key Benefits and Features:
Differential Switch (PI3USB)
- – Great channel-to-channel (Ron) matching: < 0.5-Ohm
- – Supports high-speed differential signaling protocols like USB2.0, LVDS, and IEEE 1394
- – Configurations for 1 to 4 differential pairs
- – Wide bandwidth: >500 MHz
Video Switch (PI3DBV)
- – Wide bandwidth: >400 MHz
- – Support various video standards including LVDS + TMDS signaling
- – Allows multiplexing between multiple video sources
- – True bi-directional switching
LAN Switch (PI3L)
- – Supports all 10/100/1000 Ethernet specs
- – Replaces second PHY to support additional ports
- – 5V and 3V supply voltage operation
- – Package layout optimized (reduces cross-talk between signal lines)
Availability and Pricing:
Free product samples, datasheets, IBIS models, technical support, and application notes are available today on the company website. The devices are housed in a variety of performance and space saving packaging. Pricing is configuration dependant. A four channel device starts at $1.50 in 500 unit quantities.
Visit the company's website at www.pericom.com, and say eeProductCenter sent you.