Texas Instruments has announced a family of 24-bit, low-noise temperature measurement analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) featuring industry leading power consumption and integration. The ADS1248 and ADS1247 integrate dual matched current digital-to-analog converters (DACs), low drift internal reference, oscillator, temperature sensor, burnout detection and eight general purpose I/Os. With a data rate of 2 kSPS and only 2.56 mW of power dissipation, the ADCs provide an easy-to-use, low-power front-end solution for temperature measurement (RTDs, thermocouples, thermistors), flow/pressure measurement and industrial process control.For more product information, see: www.ti.com/ads1248-pr.
· 24-bit resolution, 2 kSPS data rate, 2.56 mW power dissipation
· 4 differential / 7 single-ended inputs (ADS1248); 2 differential / 3 single-ended inputs (ADS1247)
· 50/60 Hz simultaneous rejection mode
· Low-noise programmable gain amplifier (40 nV at G=128)
· Complete precision temperature measurement ADC solution reduces device count and simplifies design without compromising performance
· Flexible front end for wide range of industrial sensors that require high resolution and low noise
· Excellent measurement repeatability over the -40 to +125C operating temperature range
· Compatible devices complete the signal chain, including OPA277 and OPA333 precision operational amplifiers and REF5025 precision voltage reference
Availability and pricing
The ADS1248 and ADS1247 are available now in a TSSOP-20 package. The ADS1248 is priced at $4.95 and the ADS1247 is priced at $4.45. All pricing is in quantities of 1,000 units. For applications requiring a smaller package and lower cost, the single-channel ADS1246 provides a reduced feature set in a TSSOP-16 package for only $3.45.
Find out more about TI’s delta-sigma data converters at the links below:
See TI’s data converter portfolio and selection guide at : www.ti.com/dataconverters-pr
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 25 countries.
For more information, go to www.ti.com
Toll Free: 00800 ASK TEXAS (00800 275 83927)
If Toll Free number is not available: +49 8161 80 2121
Note: The above text is the public part of the press release obtained from the manufacturer (with minor modifications). EETimes Europe cannot be held responsible for the claims and statements made by the manufacturer. The text is intended as a supplement to the new product presentations in EETimes Europe magazine.