HOUSTON , Jan. 18 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) is adding two new devices, the TMS320C5514 and TMS320C5515, to the industry's lowest power 16-bit digital signal processor (DSP) C5000 platform. In addition, to help customers get started quickly, TI is announcing two evaluation options including a full-featured TMDXEVM5515 evaluation module and a new low cost TMDX5515EZDSP.
These new low power TMS320C55x DSPs provide a 20 percent performance increase, up to 120MHz, with higher integration to ease system level development. This allows customers to maintain very low power levels while adding features such as additional encode and decode algorithms in voice, audio and portable communications applications, as well as more real-time diagnostics in medical end equipments. These devices also integrate power management features, such as on-chip LDOs (low-dropout regulators), as well as dynamic voltage and frequency scaling, so customers can maximize and efficiently manage battery life for portable devices. For more information, visit www.ti.com/c5515-prprod.
C5514 DSP key features and benefits:
- Three on-chip LDOs, one each for the DSP core, USB and analog subsystems
- SDRAM and mobile SDRAM support for power sensitive applications
- Highly-integrated peripherals – including a high-speed USB 2.0, I2S, UART, SPI, MMC/SD and GPIOs – reduce system cost and enable more user-friendly portable features
- Up to 256 KB of on-chip memory saves both power and system cost by reducing the need for external memory
- Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling help to maximize battery life in portable applications
C5515 DSP key features and benefits (in addition to C5514):
- C5515 builds on C5514 with an additional 64KB on-chip memory (320KB total)
- Up to 1024-point programmable FFT hardware accelerator
- Integrated LCD display controller and 10-bit 4-channel SAR ADC reduce system cost and enable more user-interactive portable features
- Scalable and pin-to-pin compatible with the C5514, provides customers with the flexibility to choose the right device for their application with easy migration options to build robust product families
Pricing, availability and tools
The full-featured TMDXEVM5515 evaluation module is compatible with the C5514 and C5515 low power DSPs and comes ready with a complete software library and several application demos. Additionally, building on TI's commitment to offer easy, low-cost evaluation options, developers can also take advantage of the new TMDX5515EZDSP. Priced at $79 , this USB stick requires no other components or cables for hassle-free development and a simple out-of-the-box experience. This very low cost, yet powerful development tool, integrates a number of capabilities including on-board emulation for rapid creation of DSP applications.
Free samples are available now for the TMX320C5514 and TMX320C5515. Full production of the C5514 is priced at USD $6.50 and the C5515 is priced at USD $7.65 both in 1,000 unit quantities (1ku). To jumpstart development, developers can use the TMDXEVM5515 DSP evaluation module, which is open for order-entry today and priced at USD $395.00 . Additionally, for a lower cost evaluation alternative, the TMDX5515EZDSP is also open for order-entry today and is priced at USD $79 .
With an extensive portfolio of low power DSPs, starting from the lowest power DSPs from the C5000 portfolio to the ultra-low power microcontrollers, the lowest power floating point DSPs and power management solutions in analog, TI continues to lead the market with innovative energy-efficient technology across its entire portfolio.
Find out more about TI's extensive C550x DSP portfolio by visiting the links below:
- C5514 product folder: www.ti.com/c5514-prprod
- C5515 product folder: www.ti.com/c5515-prprod
- C5515 EVM tools folder: www.ti.com/c5515evm-prtools
- C5515 eZdsp tools folder: www.ti.com/c5515ezdsp-prtools
- C5514 data sheets: www.ti.com/c5514-prdatasheet
- C5515 data sheets: www.ti.com/c5515-prdatasheet
- TI E2E community: www.ti.com/c551x-prcommunity
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated