Texas Instruments Incorporated has extended its digital audio portfolio with two digital-input audio power amplifiers that combine 32 bits of advanced audio processing with 20 watts of stereo output power into a single device. The TAS5709 and TAS5710 support speaker equalization (EQ) and dual-band dynamic range control (DRC) and offer TI’s unique 3D and bass boost technology, which enhances the overall sound experience by widening the sound stage and improving bass response. The TAS5710 features TI’s closed-loop architecture, which produces a rich, natural sound and lowers system cost by relaxing power supply performance requirements in consumer audio products, including high-definition televisions (HDTVs), media docking stations, digital radios and sound bars. (For more information on these amplifiers, please see www.ti.com/tas5710-pr.)
“PURE has consistently provided low power, integrated digital audio products that deliver great sound. TI’s closed loop amplifier with advanced on-chip audio processing enables us to offerhigh quality audio within our latest Clearsound platform,” said Colin Crawford, director of marketing for DAB digital radio manufacturer PURE.
Key features and benefits of the TAS5709 and TAS5710
• 20-W stereo output power into 8 ohms at 18 V provides ample power at high efficiencies from a common supply rail. Closed-loop architectures maximize design flexibility and sound quality
• Up to nine biquad filters per channel equalizes speaker performance and compensates for less than ideal enclosure acoustics
• Dual-band DRC with selectable threshold, attack and decay protects speakers from damage and stops “bass rattling” of the cabinet/enclosure
• Royalty-free 3D and bass boost support widens the sound stage and improves bass response
• 2-channel I2S input provides a direct connection to the digital processor, which reduces bill of materials cost
Availability and pricing
The TAS5709 and TAS5710 are available today, along with the TAS5707 and TAS5708 digital-input audio power amplifiers which support multiple levels of audio processing. Additional information is provided in the table below.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries.
For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Toll Free: 00800 ASK TEXAS (00800 275 83927)
If Toll Free number is not available: +49 8161 80 2121
Note: The above text is the public part of the press release obtained from the manufacturer (with minor modifications). EETimes Europe cannot be held responsible for the claims and statements made by the manufacturer. The text is intended as a supplement to the new product presentations in EETimes Europe magazine.