LAS VEGAS , March 18 /PRNewswire/ — The availability of the new DMVA1 IP camera system-on-chip (SoC) that enables full high definition (HD) resolution now allows for the next major wave of innovation in the video surveillance market – the addition of intelligent video. To date, the development of a video analytics system has been expensive, challenging and difficult to integrate, but those barriers are being dramatically reduced with the new industry-leading DMVA1 SoC from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN). Specifically targeted at the video surveillance market, the DMVA1 provides entry level analytics by integrating TI's first generation vision co-processor, which allows customers to easily deploy smart analytics functions such as people counting, trip zone, intelligent motion detection, camera tamper detection and streaming metadata. Additionally, by coupling the vision co-processor with smart analytics all on a single chip, customers can reduce the cost of video analytics-enabled IP cameras by an order of magnitude (www.ti.com/dmva1-prhome).
The DMVA1SoC is part of the next class of products in TI's dedicated roadmap for IP camera applications, which will make video analytics a de facto feature in the market and provide more choices to security customers for their designs. In order to ease implementation and accelerate time-to-market, customers will be able to evaluate the DMVA1 video security camera SoC by ordering a complete IP camera reference design.
“We are excited that TI's DMVA1 with integrated video analytics enables Hikvision to offer this differentiated feature across our IP camera portfolio,” said Yangzhong Hu , president, Hikvision. “By offering pin-to-pin and software compatibility with TI's existing DM36x platform, we can develop a scalable product line quickly by leveraging our existing investments.”
“Vision is where video compression technology was ten years ago; it was a niche market,” said Danny Petkevich , TI's video and vision business unit director. “Now, video is everywhere and TI is excited to push the industry forward by offering our first vision product opening new market opportunities.”
DMVA1 video security camera SoC features and benefits:
- TI's first generation vision co-processor enables TI's smart analytics including people counting, trip zone, intelligent motion detection, camera tamper detection and streaming metadata
- When required, designers can also achieve advanced analytics capabilities by leveraging TI's TMS320DM643x DaVinci™ video platform using hardware and software video analytics solutions from TI developer network members
- Includes a 300 MHz ARM926EJ-S™ core
- Provides support for H.264 in high, main or base profile D1 at 30 frames per second or 720p at reduced frame rates
- Video co-processor provides multi-codec support (H.264, MPEG-4 and MJPEG)
- TI's on-chip, fifth generation ISP solution eliminates the need for customers to create custom algorithms in-house or purchase expensive optics to achieve high-quality images. It provides video stabilization, face detection, noise filtering, auto white balance, auto focus, auto exposure and edge enhancement, as well as other video quality enhancements for image improvements and added intelligent video pre-processing.
- Complete reference design with advanced graphical user interface (GUI) for simplified design implementations and accelerated time-to-market
- DMVA1 is pin-to-pin and software compatible with TI's successful DM36x DaVinci-based platform, thus protecting customer investments
Pricing and availability
The DMVA1 video security camera SoC will begin sampling in 2Q 2010 to early adopter video security customers. With pricing significantly less than the components and software it replaces, the new DMVA1 makes video analytics a de facto feature for video security IP cameras.
To evaluate the DMVA1 video security camera SoC today, customers can order TI's DMVA1IPNC-MT5 IP camera reference design which is open for order entry and is priced at USD $795 . Visit www.ti.com/dmva1-prhome for more information.
Find out more about TI's video solutions:
- DMVA1 SoC-based IP camera reference design: www.ti.com/dmva1-prhome
- DM6435 product folder: www.ti.com/vs-dm6435-prprod
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
DaVinci is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated