CHICAGO, May 26, 2011
CHICAGO , May 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — ICAP Patent Brokerage, the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP plc and the world's premier patent auction firm, is offering for sale a patented device that will expand mobile phone capabilities to securely take credit card payments, scan fingerprints, or even read your driver's license and issue a ticket.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
Patents in this portfolio disclose the following :
- A secure, cost-effective, user-friendly system for enabling wireless transactions – such as mobile payments. The disclosed system is secure, easy to use, cost effective, and can easily integrate with various wireless communication devices without requiring additional components.
- An interface assembly that can attach a range of input devices. The attachment can include a processor and one or more input devices, such as a magnetic stripe card reader, fingerprint scanner, and a proximity detector.
- The disclosed interface assembly can easily be integrated with conventional mobile phones and does not require modifications to the phone battery.
- Once the processor receives input from one of its input devices, it transmits the information to a remote computer using the transceiver of the attached communication device.
- The card reader is formed along the border of the side surface of the mobile phone and hence does not increase device size, thereby maintaining portability and ease of use.
- The patents in this portfolio have been cited by significant industry players including LG, Samsung, HP, and Motorola.
This portfolio should be of interest across multiple industries including banking, eCommerce, wireless/mobile based trading, telecommunications and law enforcement.
- The worldwide market for mobile payments is expected to grow to $633.4 billion by 2014, up from $68.7 billion in 2009. Meanwhile, the number of mobile payment users is expected to grow 600 percent, reaching 490 million in 2014 from 81.3 million in 2009.(1)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at .
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006 . For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage