A low-power stereo audio codec from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) enables CD quality playback and extends battery life in portable products such as cell phones, portable navigation devices and portable media players. The TLV320AIC3107 codec integrates a stereo headphone amplifier and mono Class-D speaker amplifier to substantially reduce board area and cost by 20 percent when compared to discrete solutions (See www.ti.com/tlv320aic3107-pr.)
• Stereo 8-96 ksps DAC with 97 dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and 8-96 ksps ADC with 92 dB SNR
• Low power consumption of 15 mW at 48 kHz with a 3.3-V analog supply
• Integrated mono Class-D speaker amplifier capable of driving 1 W into 8-Ohm load
• Low impedance passive analog switch
• Integrated phase-locked loop (PLL)
• Multiple inputs and outputs programmable in single-ended or fully differential configurations Key Benefits
• SNR performance enables CD quality playback
• Extends playback time
• Highly-efficient amplifier prolongs battery life and saves board space
• Bypasses codec for low-power mode
• Allows for simplified clocking scheme and lowers system cost
• Maximizes design flexibility
Availability and pricing
The TLV320AIC3107 is available today in a space-saving 5 mm x 5 mm QFN-40 package from TI and its authorized distributors. The device is priced at $3.85 in 1000-piece quantities. A 3.5mm x 3mm WCSP package will be available in 1Q2009.
Find out more about TI’s portable audio portfolio by visiting links below:
• Evaluation modules and samples: www.ti.com/tlv320aic3107
• TI’s Audio Selection guide: www.ti.com/audio
• TI Audio community: https://community.ti.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=21
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 25 countries.
For more information, go to www.ti.com .
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
For inquiries please contact:
European Customer Support Center
Toll Free: 00800 ASK TEXAS (00800 275 83927)
If Toll Free number is not available: +49 8161 80 2121
Note: The above text is the public part of the press release obtained from the manufacturer (with minor modifications). EETimes Europe cannot be held responsible for the claims and statements made by the manufacturer. The text is intended as a supplement to the new product presentations in EETimes Europe magazine.