DALLAS, July 21, 2011
DALLAS , July 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today expanded its line of high-speed, ultra-low power consumption analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with eight dual-channel devices available in 12- and 14-bit resolutions at speeds from 65 to 250 MSPS. With these additions, the ADS42xx family provides the performance and bandwidth needed for 3G/LTE wireless base stations, portable test and measurement and software defined radio applications, while providing best-in-class power consumption. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/ads42xx-pr.
Key features and benefits of the ADS42xx family
- The 14-bit ADS4246 uses 332 mW total power at 160 MSPS, 35-percent less power than its closest competitor. The family provides options down to 92 mW per channel to reduce board heating and operating costs.
- Pin-compatible 12- and 14-bit options, with speeds ranging from 65 to 250 MSPS, enable customers to move to higher resolutions and sample rates without redesigning the board.
- Pin-compatible with 11-bit, 200-MSPS ADS58C28, providing a license-free export option with up to 65 MHz of high-performance RF channel bandwidth at input frequencies over 200 MHz.
- 6-dB programmable gain option provides the flexibility needed to achieve a high signal-to-noise ratio of up to 73.6 decibel full scale (dBFS) and spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) of up to 91 dBc for high receive sensitivity in 3G/LTE wireless infrastructure.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed development with the ADS42xx family, including:
- An evaluation module (EVM) for each part.
- TSW1200 digital capture tool for rapid analysis of EVMs.
- An Altera-compatible high-speed mezzanine connector and Xilinx-compatible FPGA mezzanine connector, allowing ADS42xx EVMs to mate to FPGA EVMs to speed system-level prototyping.
- IBIS models to verify board signal integrity requirements.
- Software for calculation utilities, including an ADC harmonic calculator, anti-aliasing calculation tool, and jitter and SNR calculator.
Availability and packaging
The ADS42xx family is offered in a 64-pin QFN package. 1,000-unit pricing and availability for the new devices follow below.
- 14-bit ADS4242 is available today for a suggested retail price of $28.00 .
- 12-bit ADS4222 will be available in August for a suggested retail price of $18.00 .
- 14-bit ADS4245 is available today for a suggested retail price of $51.25 .
- 12-bit ADS4225 will be available in August for a suggested retail price of $31.30 .
- 14-bit ADS4246 is available today for a suggested retail price of $73.50 .
- 12-bit ADS4226 is available today for a suggested retail price of $39.00 .
- 14-bit ADS4249 will be available 3Q 2011 for a suggested retail price of $133.50 .
- 12-bit ADS4229 is available today for a suggested retail price of $67.50 .
Learn more about TI's data converter portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order samples or EVMs of the ADS42xx family: www.ti.com/ads42xx-pr.
- Read tips on how to attain the performance benefits of buffered high-speed ADCs: www.ti.com/ecnadc-pr.
- Ask questions, help solve problems in the High Speed Data Converter forum in the TI E2ET™ Community: www.ti.com/e2ehsdc-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated