Single-chip integration brings performance and programmability to TI's catalog portfolio
DALLAS, May 29, 2012
DALLAS , May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a fully integrated, programmable solution for driving ultrasonic transducers in automotive park distance, blind-spot detection or similar object detection applications. With its highly configurable burst generator, low-noise amplifier and 12-bit successive-approximation-register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC), the PGA450-Q1 provides for processing the echo signals and calculating the distance between the transducer and the object. Additionally, the PGA450-Q1 incorporates the physical layer for LIN 2.1 communications, giving flexibility in implementing any needed communication protocol. For more information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/pga450-q1-pr.
Key features and benefits of the PGA450-Q1:
- Application specific standard product (ASSP) : Displaces high-volume, discrete-based systems by offering the same functionality to any customer, economically as an ASSP, reducing design-cycles and non-recurring engineering costs, with no need for intellectual property or market agreements.
- Fully integrated system-on-chip: Includes all system blocks including regulators, dual NMOS low-side drivers, oscillator and a LIN 2.1 physical interface and protocol for interfacing to provide a cost- and space-optimized solution.
- Programmable : Possesses highly configurable features, such as burst generator, low-noise amplifier, 12-bit SAR ADC , digital band-pass filter, and digital signal envelope detect, allowing for full configurability to the customer's specific end application.
Tools and support:
The PGA450Q1EVM is available to speed the evaluation of the PGA450-Q1. Priced at $99.00 , the evaluation module includes cables, graphical user interface, and example firmware to use with the included sensor.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The PGA450-Q1 comes in a TSSOP-28 package and is available now for ordering at a suggested retail price of $2.60 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Texas Instruments driving innovation in automotive applications
TI offers a full suite of reliable, state-of-the-art semiconductor products that allow manufacturers and system suppliers to deliver world-class features to the automotive market. In addition to our extensive catalog of analog power management, interface and signal chain solutions, TI offers Hercules™ TMS570 safety microcontrollers, OMAP™ processors and wireless connectivity solutions, all with excellent product documentation and qualification to strict AEC-Q100 and ISO/TS 16949 standards. Whether improving system efficiency and safety or designing a vehicle that is more informative or fun, TI helps customers achieve their quality, reliability and cost goals and succeed in today's competitive automotive marketplace.
Find out more about TI's automotive and transportation portfolio by visiting the links below:
- View TI's complete automotive and transportation portfolio: www.ti.com/automotive-pr.
- Download TI's Automotive and Transportation Selection Guide: www.ti.com/automotiveguide-pr.
- Download TI's Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Solutions Guide: www.ti.com/hev-pr.
- Join the TI E2E™ Automotive Community: www.ti.com/e2eautomotive-pr
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated