DALLAS, Feb. 23, 2012
DALLAS , Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's highest-performance and lowest-cost evaluation boards for evaluating high-speed data converters. The TSW1400EVM data capture and pattern generation board evaluates up to 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs). It costs 75-percent less than the previous generation, while providing twice the memory. Additionally, the TSW1405EVM for pattern capture and the TSW1406EVM for pattern generation are the lowest-cost solutions of their kind by up to 80 percent, providing simple and ultra-low cost platforms for quick evaluation of TI data converters. For more information or to purchase the evaluation boards, visit www.ti.com/tsw1400evm-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TSW1400EVM:
- Complete system to capture and evaluate data samples and to generate and send desired test patterns to DAC evaluation modules (EVMs) via an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
- Includes 1 GB of memory, twice as much as competing platforms, enabling 512-M sample depth for higher fast Fourier transform (FFT) resolution and capturing larger data frames for demodulation analysis.
- Compatible with CMOS- and LVDS-interface ADC and DAC EVMs, while supporting up to eight simultaneous-channel analyses.
- Supports up to 1.5-GSPS LVDS I/O rates for both ADCs and DACs, enabling use with most TI ADC and DAC EVMs at maximum interface and sample rates.
- Provide simple pattern generation for 16-bit LVDS ADCs and DACs with up to 64k sample depth via an easy-to-use graphical user interface.
- Support 1-GSPS LVDS I/O rates for both ADCs and DACs, enabling use with most TI ADC and DAC evaluation modules at maximum sample rates.
- Industry's lowest-cost evaluation platforms with a suggested retail price less than US$100 .
Availability and pricing
The TSW1400EVM is available today for a suggested retail price of US$649 . The TSW1405EVM and TSW1406EVM will be available in March 2012 for a suggested retail price of US$99 respectively.
TI at Mobile World Congress
Going to Mobile World Congress (MWC)? Visit TI at Booth 8A84 (Hall 8) to hear the latest analog, embedded processing, wireless, and DLP® news. While there, check out a broad range of TI-based demos for the wireless infrastructure and mobile device markets, including the TSW1400EVM. For more information and to follow TI's MWC activities virtually, visit www.ti.com/mwc2012-pr.
Learn more about TI's solutions for high-speed data converters by visiting the links below:
- Buy the TSW1400EVM: www.ti.com/tsw1400evmbuy-pr.
- Check out the user guide: www.ti.com/tsw1400evmuserguide-pr.
- Ask questions, help solve problems in the High Speed Data Converter forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/e2ehsdc-pr.
- Follow what our signal chain experts have to say on our E2E blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
- Download a news release graphic at: www.ti.com/newscenterphotos-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E and DLP are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated