DALLAS , March 15 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) today introduced two highly efficient 2-A step-down DC/DC converters for portable electronics applications. The TPS62065 and TPS62067 3-MHz synchronous converters reduces board space and helps extend battery life by providing up to 95 percent power efficiency from a tiny 2-mm x 2-mm x 0.75-mm SON package. For product details, see www.ti.com/tps62065-pr.
The new TPS6206x devices operate from a 2.7-V to 6-V input voltage, allowing them to support lithium-based batteries with extended voltage ranges or a 3.3-V or 5-V system supply rail. A unique Power Save Mode with excellent PWM to PFM transition allows the converters to operate at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load range.
Key features and benefits of TPS6206x:
- Smallest size: 3-MHz fixed frequency operation and tiny package size allow support of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a 22 mm2 solution with a maximum height of 1 mm.
- Low-power operation: Power Save Mode operation at light load currents and 18-uA quiescent current help extend battery life.
- Manages up to 2 A: supports point-of-load and processor-based applications, including systems based on TI's TMS320C55x™ DSPs.
Availability and pricing
TPS62065 and TPS62067 DC/DC converters come in an 8-pin, 2-mm x 2-mm x 0.75-mm SON package, and are available in volume from TI and its authorized distributors with a suggested resale price of $1.40 in 1,000-unit quantities. Samples, evaluation modules and application notes are available.
Find out more about TI switching regulators by visiting the links below:
- TI's DC/DC converters: www.ti.com/dcdc-pr
- Order TPS6206x evaluation modules and samples: www.ti.com/tps62065-pr
- TI's complete power management portfolio: www.ti.com/power-pr
- TMS320C55x DSPs: www.ti.com/c55x-pr
- Discuss DC/DC design on TI's E2E Community: www.ti.com/e2e-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated