Micro package option is 50-percent smaller than competitive devices
DALLAS, Sept. 21, 2011
DALLAS , Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced an automotive-qualified 36-V, single-supply, low-noise op amp (operational amplifier) that can operate on supplies ranging from +2.7 V to +36 V. The OPA171-Q1 offers high-precision performance in a cost-effective, low-power device. In addition to industry-standard packaging, the device is available for automotive qualification in the SOT-553 micro package, which is 50-percent smaller than comparable devices available today, and can reduce board space for automotive applications including HEV/EV, tracking amplifiers in power modules, and transducer amplifiers. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/opa171-q1-pr.
The OPA171-Q1 offers features designed to enhance overall system design stability, such as the ability to handle input signals beyond the supply rails without causing output phase reversal. The OPA171-Q1 remains stable when exposed to capacitive loads up to 300 pF or when the input operates 100 mV below the negative rail and within 2 V of the top rail during normal operation.
Key features and benefits of the OPA171-Q1:
- Dynamic input voltage range of +2.7 V to +36 V or +/-1.35 V to +/-18 V allows for greater design versatility across varying supply rails, while still enabling precise, low-voltage sensor outputs.
- The OPA171-Q1 provides precision performance, including low offset of up to 1.8 mV, typical drift of 0.3 uV/C and wide gain bandwidth of 3 Mhz.
- Low quiescent current of 475 uA enables efficient battery-powered operation.
- The SOT-553 micro package option uses 50-percent less board space than comparable op amps, which enables designers to develop smaller modules.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed the implementation of the OPA171-Q1 device:
- OPA171-Q1 reference design available in TINA-TI: www.ti.com/opa171-q1refdesign-pr.
- OPA171-Q1 SPICE model available in TINA-TI: www.ti.com/opa171-q1model-pr.
- OPA171-Q1 evaluation module: www.ti.com/opa171-q1evm-pr.
Availability and pricing
The OPA171-Q1 is available now from TI and its authorized distributors. It is offered in a 5-pin SOT-23 package and is qualified to automotive grade. The OPA171-Q1 is priced at $0.47 in quantities of 1,000. The SOT-553 micro package option can be qualified to automotive grade. Additionally, the OPA171-Q1 is part of a family of 1-, 2-, and 4-channel devices (OPA171, OPA2171 and OPA4171) that can be qualified to automotive grade.
Find out more about TI's automotive and transportation portfolio by visiting the links below:
- View TI's complete automotive and transportation portfolio: www.ti.com/automotive.
- Download TI's Automotive and Transportation Selection Guide: www.ti.com/automotiveguide.
- Download TI's Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Solutions Guide: www.ti.com/hev.
- Join the TI E2E™ Automotive Community: www.ti.com/e2eautomotive-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All trademarks and registered trademarks and other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated