DALLAS , March 1 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a highly-integrated, cost-effective radio frequency (RF) range extender for low-power wireless applications at 850 to 950 MHz, such as wireless sensor networks, automatic meter reading (AMR), and wireless industrial controls, consumer and audio systems. The single-chip CC1190 integrates a power amplifier (PA), a low-noise amplifier (LNA), switches and RF matching, which eliminates expensive discrete components, simplifies design layout, reduces test time, improves RF performance and shrinks overall board space. For more product information: www.ti.com/cc1190-pr.
The CC1190 works with TI's CC1101 sub-1 GHz transceiver and the CC430 or CC1110 systems-on-chip. The CC1190+CC1101 solution can provide up to +149-dB link budget. Customers that need to extend the range of their existing industrial sensors or utility energy meters will be able to eliminate repeaters or routers, reducing overall system costs.
Key features and benefits
- Increases link budget by providing a power amplifier for increased output power, and an LNA with low noise figure for improved receiver sensitivity.
- Integration of power amplifier, low-noise amplifier, switches and RF matching reduces product design cycle.
- Seamless interface to sub-1 GHz low-power RF devices from TI.
- Up to 27-dBm (0.5 W) output power.
- 6-dB typical sensitivity improvement with CC11xx and CC430.
- TI delivers industry-leading hardware, best-in-class software, tools, application knowledge and worldwide technical support to help low-power RF designers differentiate their wireless designs.
CC1190 packaging and availability
The CC1190 is available now from TI and its authorized distributors in a ROHS-compliant, 4-mm x 4-mm QFN-16 package. Suggested resale pricing starts at $2.10 in 1,000-piece quantities.
Start development today with the CC1190EMK evaluation module kit priced at only $99.00 (US$). CC1190. Standalone evaluation kits are available now and combo boards with a transceiver and CC1190 will be available 2Q 2010.
Learn more about TI's low-power RF portfolio at the links below:
- Order CC1190 evaluation module kits and samples: www.ti.com/cc1190-pr
- TI's low-power RF portfolio and selection guide: www.ti.com/lprf-pr
- TI's low-power RF E2E online community: www.ti.com/lprf-forum
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
All trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated