DALLAS , March 17 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced an ultra low-power, two-channel SATA 3-Gbps redriver and signal conditioner that can extend the interconnect distance between a SATA host and an eSATA connector. The SN75LVCP412A provides the industry's most aggressive low-power feature, which automatically puts the device in low-power mode (<20 mW) when the link is inactive for more than 10 microseconds. This capability helps to extend battery life in mobile applications where battery life is of high priority. The SN75LVCP412A supports applications like notebooks, desktop PCs, docking and workstations, set top boxes, and servers. For details or to order samples, go to: www.ti.com/sn75lvcp412a-pr.
Key features and benefits of the SN75LVCP412A
- Automatic low-power mode saves valuable battery life when the mobile platform is not connected to an external hard disk drive.
- IEC61000-4-2 level qualified (8-kV contact and 15-kV air discharge) on high-speed pins provides added protection against ESD transients at the eSATA connector.
- The SN75LVCP412A is the newest member of a growing family that complements TI's high-speed redriver portfolio, which targets notebook and desktop PC applications and includes the SN75LVCP412 and SN75LVCP422.
Availability and pricing
The SN75LVCP412A comes in a QFN package (20-pin RTJ reel, large and small) at a suggested resale price of $1.65 in 1,000-unit quantities. It is available in volume production today from TI and its authorized distributors. Samples are available.
Find out more about TI's interface products by visiting these links:
- Order SN75LVCP412A samples: http://www.ti.com/sn75lvcp412a-pr.
- Quickly search TI's complete interface portfolio or download TI's latest Interface Selection Guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge on TI's E2E online community: http://www.ti.com/e2e-pr.
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.twitter.com/txinstruments.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated