DALLAS , April 28 /PRNewswire/ — Extending TI's Burr-Brown Audio line, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a family of JFET-input op amps featuring ultra-low noise and distortion to maximize audio system quality and performance. With a quiescent current of 1.8 mA per channel, the OPA1641, OPA1642 and OPA1644 feature 40 percent lower power than the competition. The op amps support the multiple channels pro audio applications require, without increasing power consumption in high-performance audio circuits, such as broadcast studio equipment, analog and digital mixing consoles, and high-end A/V receivers. To view a video, visit: www.ti.com/opa1641-pr
Key features and benefits
- FET inputs deliver 40 percent lower input bias current (2 pA) than competitive devices, making the OPA1641, OPA1642 and OPA1644 better alternatives for applications requiring high source impedance.
- 15 percent lower noise (5 nV/root Hz) and distortion (0.00005% at 1 kHz) than the competition maintain excellent signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), even with high gain levels.
- Wide supply voltage range of + 2.5 V to + 18 V and rail-to-rail output swing allow for increased headroom, which is critical for audio analog-to-digital converter (ADC) front ends and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) post filters, including TI's PCM42xx and PCM17xx devices.
- 40 percent lower quiescent current (1.8 mA/channel) supports multiple channels without significant power consumption.
Availability and pricing
The single-channel OPA1641 is available today in a SO-8 package for $0.95 in 1000-unit quantities. The two-channel OPA1642 is available in a SO-8 or MSOP-8 package for $1.45 , and the four-channel OPA1644 can be purchased in a SO-14 or TSSOP-14 package for $1.95 .
Find out more about TI's audio portfolio:
- Order OPA1641/42/44 samples: www.ti.com/opa1641-pr.
- Download the Audio Guide: www.ti.com/audio.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow audio engineers on TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated