DALLAS , March 3 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry's first 12-channel sequencer and system health manager with fan control and multiphase PWM clock generator. The UCD90124 integrates system power management and system thermal management into one device, which reduces board space and eases design, while providing highly intelligent system health monitoring. The UCD90124 features power supply margining and comprehensive non-volatile error logging, allowing customers to diagnose power supply failures in their systems. To order the evaluation module see: www.ti.com/ucd90124-pr.
TI's easy-to-use Fusion Digital Power Designer Graphical User Interface (GUI) allows the designer to configure the UCD90124 via a PMBus™/I2C interface. The free, downloadable tool simplifies the development process and speeds time-to-market by allowing the designer to configure all device parameters in minutes. To download the Fusion Digital Power Designer see: www.ti.com/fdpd-pr.
Key features and benefits of the UCD90124
- Sequence and monitor up to 12 power supplies while simultaneously margining up to 10 rails.
- Manage power and monitor and control up to four fans with a single device.
- The UCD90124 has a built-in temperature control algorithm that automatically adjusts fan speed based on five configurable temperature zones. Alternatively, designers can use their own temperature control algorithm running on an external host and communicate desired fan speed via I2C commands. This level of intelligent system thermal management helps reduce audible system noise and extend the operating life of the fans.
- The auto-calibrate function automatically determines the turn on, turn off and maximum duty cycle for the fan, which allows the designer to think in terms of operating speed and also accounts for environmental variables in fan speed.
- The UCD90124 can generate up to eight clocks with configurable frequencies from 15.259 kHz to 125 MHz and phase shift from 0 to 360 degrees, easing synchronization of switch-mode power supplies.
Availability and pricing
The UCD90124 is available now in a VQFN-64 package and is priced at $6.45 in quantities of 1,000.
Find out more about TI's power management supervisor and sequencer portfolio at the links below:
- TI's complete supervisor and sequencer portfolio: www.ti.com/supervisors-pr
- TI's complete power management portfolio: www.ti.com/power-pr
- TI's supervisor and sequencer E2E online community: www.ti.com/svsforum-pr
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
Fusion Digital Power is a trademark of Texas Instruments. PMBus is a trademark of SMIF, Inc. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated