Convergence may be a key topic for the communication sector. But, don't tell that to engineers this week in the communication sector. In an interesting twist, the CTIA Wireless 2007 event is taking place in Orlando showing off the latest and greatest in the wireless sector while the OFC/NFOEC conference starts on the West Coast showing the latest and greatest technology breakthroughs in the optical/wired networking sector.
Having a tough time deciding which event to follow? eeProductCenter is making the job easier for you. During this week's show, eeProductCenter will provide live coverage from both events and this article will be updated on a daily basis to keep members of the communication sector in tune with the latest announcements from both show floors.
CTIA Wireless 2007 Product Announcements
- Qualcomm readies Ultra Mobile Broadband chipsets
- Skyworks readies front-end module for Mobile WiMAX apps
- Anritsu adds rapid HSDPA/HSUPA test capability to its MD8470A tester
- Compact chipset targets next-generation, quad band, multimedia handsets
- Quad dual-band RF transceiver targets 2.4-5 GHz bands
- Single-chip GPS device targets mainstream mobile phones
- Protocol analyzer delivers enhanced TETRA test functionality
OFC/NFOEC 2007 Product Announcement
- Bay Microsystems ships 40-Gbits/s network processor
- 10 Gbits/s XFP optical transceiver operates up to 40 km
- 5G transponder transmits data up to 320 km
- Transpedance amplifier/limiting amplifier delivers high stressed receiver sensitivity
- EMCORE samples TOSAs for 10GBASE LRM modules
- Reference design supports GPON nodes, underlying architecture
- EML driver IC sampling for 10-Gbits/s optical communication
- XFP transceiver module targets 80 km long reach apps
- Ethernet MAC IC doubles capacity of existing SPI-Based Gigabit Ethernet MACs
- Chipset uses SI technology for deployment in SFP+ modules
- Transceiver provides smooth transition between a SerDes, SFP+ optical module
For additional product announcements this week in the electronics sector, visit eeProductCenter.com.
Robert Keenan is the Editor-in-Chief of eeProductCenter. When not tracking down products at trade shows, he can be reached at .