Provides a Single, Consolidated Resource for All Security Research Content
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 25, 2012
SUNNYVALE, Calif. , Jan. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Zscaler, The Cloud Security Company, today unveiled the ThreatLabZ portal at http://threatlabz.com. ThreatLabZ, the security research arm of Zscaler, has long been known for leading-edge research content, which is now consolidated at the ThreatLabZ.com domain.
The ThreatLabz portal serves as a single source of continually updated content, designed to showcase the latest research initiatives from Zscaler ThreatLabZ. The site contains a wealth of information, along with valuable resources and is geared toward both customers and those wishing to learn more about emerging web-based threats to ensure that they're adequately protected. The ThreatLabZ portal delivers:
- Blogs – Regular discussions of infected websites, exploitation techniques, attack groups and more, from top Zscaler ThreatLabZ researchers.
- Tools – A variety of free web browser plugins to protect against various threats including Blackhat SEO, Facebook likejacking and malicious commerce sites.
- Services – Zscaler's IPAbuseCheck database reveals details on IP addresses regularly abused by attackers, while Zulu, also released today, provides a comprehensive risk analysis engine designed to analyze any web content.
- Whitepapers – Comprehensive papers detailing Zscaler security functionality, attack techniques and case studies.
- Security Advisories – Advisories detailing major vulnerabilities covered by the Zscaler service.
- Videos – Case studies and visual walk-throughs for various exploits and attack techniques.
“Zscaler has developed some exceptional content,” said Michael Sutton , vice president of Security Research at Zscaler ThreatLabZ. “From our blogs to our free tools and services, many have come to rely upon the research delivered by Zscaler ThreatLabZ for information on and protection from known and emerging security threats. I'm extraordinarily proud to lead a team of creative and driven researchers, motivated to produce valuable resources for the Internet community.”
According to Founder and CEO, Jay Chaudhry , “With its singular focus, Zscaler ThreatLabz has become the engine of innovation as the source of the latest and most reliable information on security risks and defenses. We're pleased to offer the new Zscaler ThreatLabZ portal where great blogs, tools and other research initiatives are brought together in one location.”
Web-based threats are continually changing and identifying current knowledge on emerging threats can be a challenge. The Zscaler ThreatLabZ portal will serve as a window into the cutting edge research conducted by the ThreatLabZ team and a source of innovative new tools and services that can be leveraged by anyone to stay one step ahead of the attackers.
Zscaler ThreatLabZ newest free security tool, Zulu, which analyzes web risk, is available to everyone via a simple web interface and can be accessed at http://zulu.zscaler.com.
About Zscaler: The Cloud Security Company™
Zscaler enforces business policy, mitigates risk and provides twice the functionality at a fraction of the cost of current solutions, utilizing a multi-tenant, globally-deployed infrastructure. Zscaler's integrated, cloud-delivered security services include Web Security, Mobile Security, Email Security and DLP. Zscaler services enable organizations to provide the right access to the right users, from any place and on any device—all while empowering the end-user with a rich Internet experience. For more information, visit www.zscaler.com.
About Zscaler ThreatLabZ™
Zscaler ThreatLabZ is the global security research team for Zscaler. Leveraging an aggregate view of billions of daily web transaction, from millions of users across the globe, Zscaler ThreatLabZ identifies new and emerging threats as they occur, and deploys protections across the Zscaler Security Cloud in real time to protect customers from advanced threats.
Paula Dunne , CONTOS DUNNE COMMUNICATIONS
Office: +1-408-776-1400, Mobile: +1-408-893-8750